It's A Bittersweet Goodbye

It's A Bittersweet Goodbye

Change Awaits

28
It's A Bittersweet Goodbye
Ignite Light

As life goes on, things change. A lot of people face new challenges every single day. Some challenges however, are bigger than others. What might seem like a small change to you could be a life changing event for someone else.

I never thought in my entire life that I would leave the good ol' Peach State by the name of Georgia. I forever thought I would spend my years in Georgia and always call this place home. After I graduated, we decided to move. We contemplated moving for months and months. I had the option to move with my family, or stay and live alone and "adult" by myself.

My decision making took about two months before I decided to make my final decision and move for the sake of bettering myself. I wanted to give myself more options and millions of more opportunities.

The town that I have grown up in has been so good to me, but it was time for a change. As a growing adult, you just don't want to go to Walmart for fun or have the option to only eat Mexican food if you want to go out and eat good food. That was fun for awhile, but eventually it becomes a boring habit that you dread.

The changes and the decisions I have made are for me, and for bettering myself. I want to be able to go and eat wherever I want, make new adventures for myself. I want to try new things and have a new places to see and things to do. I get the chance that every child wants, a brand new one. I can start over new and have my second chance.I finally have the chance to go to college and learn about animals and one day, be able to love and care for them as a job I look forward to going to every single day.

I will miss my hometown, of course. I will miss the friends I will say goodbye to. I will miss living right beside my grandma and being able to walk up to her house whenever I wanted. I'll miss the Walmart trips for fun and eating Mexican over and over again. Change is hard and moving is hard. I honestly could not have made this decision without the help of my supportive family and their kind words and their comfort.

I hate to say it, but goodbye Georgia and hello Tennessee! New changes and new adventures await. It's a bittersweet goodbye, but I'm not gonna cry.