Trump is NOT okay: Step Up and Be the Change You Want To See

Don't give into whatever enchanted you to him in the first place.

8
The Jim Bakker Show

Okay so everyone in the United States of America is either in a state of happiness over the election or a state of terror. As one of many young people who voted for the first time in a presidential election, I definitely didn't vote to have hate absorb that country. I am still baffled at how this was even allowed. In the end, people are once again more divided than ever before and it is NOT okay. I needed to capitalize that what is happening not okay, for some reason people have this idea that this is totally okay that we have someone who was backed by the Ku Klux Klan enter the White House and become the face of the United States internationally. Of course, I don't know about all the millennials in the country, but for a majority of us who are in college or higher education, they know how he will ruin this country if we don't take a stand. As well as that I am from Orlando, Florida and after what happened in June at the Pulse Nightclub I am not happy that someone who hates the LBGTQ+ community so much would be in office.

Honestly, I always thought he could never win because of the things he said about women and yet plenty of women voted for him. As a woman, I was appalled and I was even more confused when my own father voted for him. So I decided to take a step back and read up on the stats of who voted for who based on age and education. For some background, my father did not finish college and he is in his early 50s. From the start many of the older voters were stuck in the mindset of voting by a party so in a projection from The Telegraph showed that age and race were huge factors on who voted for who. Now in the very fact when I talked to my father he wanted to avoid all the terrible things said about women and things he said about the LBGTQ+ community. As I insinuated that if Trump was talking about me what would he have done he said it wouldn't happen and he was just looking for a change in the country. Trust me I too want to see change just positive change like equity for work and a shift social norms. I want to know that when I decide to bring a child into the world that he, she or they will be able to who they want. No fear. I hate to quote Adolf Hitler but it fits and he said in the Mein Kampf was "“If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.” So to all those who keep saying it is okay please just take a moment to educate yourself and open your heart to fact it won't get better if this "change" has a foundation of hate.

#NotMyPresident