It Can Wait

It Can Wait

"Time is what we want most, but use worst." -William Penn

3
It Can Wait

Life is hectic. There is no way around the endless chaos of busy schedules and growing to-do lists.

And, I get it. Once you're in the groove, you don't want to lose the momentum that you have worked so hard to achieve.

But, it can wait.

I promise that it can.

In your life, you will experience things that are far more important than a quiz or work emails. You will build relationships with friends and loved ones. You will seek out experiences that will shape you, such as traveling, attending concerts, or meeting people you admire. These moments will be the ones you share when they ask for your story, not the nights where you downed coffee to survive an eight-page paper.

Now, this isn't denying the importance of your responsibilities. In order to succeed, we must do what is expected of us. We need the good grades to reach the next step in our goals. We need to be reliable for our academic and professional obligations. But, we need to recognize where our priorities lie.

And, they can wait.

Take a five-minute break to call your grandmother. Abandon your studies for a half-hour to grab some grub and a fresh cup of coffee. Splurge time for the things that warm your heart and make your life a little brighter. Taking breaks is important so you can truly give everything you have towards these projects. It is more than healthy- it is necessary.

Though it is important to be engaged with your responsibilities, it is equally important to care for yourself. Fifteen minutes will not make or break your exam grade. You are a worthy person who deserves to seek the simple pleasures in this life. Value yourself enough to be more than a working robot. You only get one life- use it well!