Bible Verses For Insecurity

Scripture From The Bible For The Woman Who Feels Insecure In All Aspects Of Her Life

Give it to God and go to bed.

359
https://unsplash.com/photos/qYanN54gIrI

Insecurity is one of the toughest things to get over. It's when you have an uncertainty about yourself or you lack confidence in yourself.

There are many stages in adult life in which every woman can be insecure about. It does not matter how far along or how new you are in the stage of life you're in, insecurity creeps up on us all. However, we are not defined by our own monologue in our heads. We are defined by a perfect, loving God who wants to meet you in your insecurity and wrap you in his love and goodness.

The one way you can meet him there is by opening his word and finding what he has to say.

1. Insecurity in singleness: 1 Corinthians 7

https://unsplash.com/photos/RFgO9B_OR4g

While being a chapter on marriage, this passage is just as important for singles as it is for those who are married or seeking marriage. Paul writes that singleness is a gift and those who are single have the time to focus their lives on the Lord. By creating the firm foundation, you're allowing yourself to become the woman that God has planned for you.

2. Insecurity as a wife/girlfriend: Proverbs 31:10-31

https://unsplash.com/photos/vlqDwSxnwxo

Known as "The Wife of a Noble Character", this passage from Proverbs is not a passage to discourage or make one feel inadequate because they do not do these things. Proverbs 31 simply provides inspiration for the woman who we should all strive to be. Remember, no matter what is going on in your relationship or within yourself that is causing insecurity, grounding yourself in the Lord and digging in what he says helps you find your true identity in Christ. As verse 30 states: "Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."

3. Insecurity as a mother/step-mother/guardian: 1 John 3: 1-10

https://unsplash.com/photos/QilBUyiV9J8

As a mother, your life is surrounded by self-sacrifice all day and all night. There are days where you're rocking the mom life. And there are other days, and sometimes weeks, where you fall flat on your face. At the end of the day, your identity is not solely being a mom, being a mom is your part-time identity. Your full-time identity is a child of God. 1 John helps ground us back to our true identity.

4. Insecurity as an empty nester: Proverbs 22:1-6

https://unsplash.com/photos/pUvMN3j2kGc

As your child or children leave the nest, it is no secret that you are worried about what they will do with their life now that they are on their own. You may ask if you had done a good enough job to have taught them the ways of right and wrong. Will they continue to follow Christ after leaving your home? This passage reminds us of the dangers when living the life of the wicked, but provides the comfort in knowing that raising your child in Christ means they will not turn from it when they are older. Trust in the Lord and in your spiritual guidance.

5. Insecurity in yourself: Philippians 4:6-9

https://unsplash.com/photos/B4axGpyGHJk

While being a cliche bible verse from time to time, this verse speaks life into those who are anxious, insecure, and unsure about who they are in as a person. This verse reminds that God is near to the broken hearted, so cast your cares, your anxieties, your worries, your insecurities within yourself to him. God will bring you peace in the midst of the insecurity. This verse also reminds us to refocus our minds onto heavenly things, not the earthly things. Your fears, worries, dislikes, frustrations within yourself will come to pass. The kingdom of God will not. Lean on him and focus on what is good and he will guide you through this season of life.