Is social media bad?

Social media is dope. I am not gonna lie. I love going on YouTube when I am feeling down to watch a comedy skit or compilations of people falling. I love going on Instagram to watch makeup videos or memes. I visit Twitter to keep up with all my favorite artists. Snapchat.... well because when to me I don't have time to talk back to back or answer every text, but it's nice when someone sends me something. It lets me know I am on their mind. Pinterest causes sooo many DIYs. Does GroupMe count? I have to tell my suite-mate to shut up when she's being loud. There's also Facebook and Messenger. Which, yeah I know.

All in all, when I find some free time you'll find me on my phone. Either writing or surfing the web.

I don't think that's something I want to keep doing though. I miss the days I'd pull out a book or paint. In this world of social media where we find out gender reveals for someone living on the other side of the world, it's hard to disconnect. It is hard to not keep up with the trends and trying to be "relevant", or "mood" (relatable applies too.) A 'like' means so much that if a picture only gets two you feel rejected. See social media is good... to a limit.

This is something I want to try this coming April.

1. Read more books

2. Limit myself to an hour on social media.

3. Go outside (if weather permits).

If you wanna try too, let me know how it goes.