If You're Having to Question His Intentions, He's Not the One For You

423

It’s a hard pill to swallow. Finding out the guy you really like just isn't that into you. Its even harder when this guy has been in your life for a long time. But here’s the cold, hard truth; Guys hate breaking up with girls more than girls hate being broken up with. So they create excuses, or act uninterested so you’ll eventually get tired of it, and just give up. It’s a way to come out the good guy, and we as girls believe it. If the guy you're currently seeing is doing any of the following, you may want to take a good hard look at this “relationship”.

He says he’s really busy. This is the most common excuse guys will say. If a guy wants to see you, HE WILL MAKE TIME TO SEE YOU. I have a friend who is in a fraternity, plays baseball, has a 4.0. GPA, and still manages to make time for date nights with his girlfriend. If your guy still manages to squeeze in nights out with all his friends into his super “busy” schedule, then he’s got time to make for you.

He’s texting another girl. This is common sense, to some, but harder for others to understand. If he’s texting another girl and the conversation is oddly similar to they way he text you, dump him like yesterday’s trash.

Not a single one of your friends like him. Not every guy your with is going to get along with every single one of your friends. But if your friends have confronted you about him, more than once, that should be a huge red flag. You have to remember who will be there at the end of the day, to pick up the pieces. If you find yourself with less and less friends, remember who is pushing them away.

He doesn’t want to commit to you. He claims he doesn’t want to commit to a relationship, but in reality he just doesn’t want to commit to a relationship with you.(Ouch.) I had a friend who “talked” to a guy for almost six months. They’re biggest fight was always why they couldn't just define their relationship. She wanted to date him. He would tell her every time, he had commitment “issues” and just wasn't ready to commit to anything yet. After seven months she broke it off, and three weeks later he was dating a girl who lived down the hall.

He’s mean to you. This is just common sense. If he makes you feel anything less than incredible, he’s not worth a minute more of your time.

He does the same “Mistake” over and over again. Mistakes. We all make them, but as Lauren Conrad once said, “You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you do it, it’s a choice not a mistake.” If the guy you’re with is continually cheating you, hurting your feelings, flaking on you, then he’s not the one for you. Mistakes are only mistakes one time, then they’re on purpose.

If after reading this article, you’re sitting in your bed crying, because you’ve realized the guy you’re with isn't what you deserve, here’s some quotes to help you through it.

“Please believe that things are good with me, and even when they’re not, they will be soon enough.”-Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of being a Wildflower

“Remember that you were art long before he came to admire you, and you’ll continue to be art even when he’s gone.”-Charlotte Geier

“She needed a hero, so she became one.”

“She was a girl. A living girl, smart and sweet and awkward and unusual, and she was worth far more than they could ever realize."-Marissa Meyer, Cress

“Hang on. It gets easier, then it gets ok, and then it feels like freedom.”-Taylor Swift