If You Give a Girl A Golf Club

If You Give a Girl A Golf Club

She will want a bag to go with it.

77
If You Give a Girl A Golf Club
RGB photo stock

I recently started golfing so I had a competitive sport to pass the time. Having played three sports in high school, I found that I was missing some of that competitive drive in college. My boyfriend so graciously said he would help me learn how to swing a club and play the course.

It took a few days at the driving range and one round of golf and I was hooked. I already got a new bag for my clubs so I can carry them easier when we walk the course. I decided to write a comedic version of the slight downward spiral that I will most likely hop on in a few days. Here is for all of the boyfriends thinking about getting their girlfriends into golf!

1. If you give a girl some old golf clubs, she will say, "lets go golfing!"

2. When you take her to the driving range she will have some trouble hitting the balls.

3. When she has trouble, she will ask you for help.

4. When she asks you for help and she will get better.

5. Once she gets better she will ask you to take her on the actual golf course.

6. When you get on the course, she will complain because her bag was not designed to carry it around to the nine holes you decided to start with.

7. When she complains about her bag, she will start to look at new ones and SWEAR that she is not going to buy any and that she is "just looking."

8. She will buy that bag, and when she does she will want all of the accessories to go with it.

9. Once she gets her accessories like balls, tees, a glove, towels and scrub brushes she will want to go again.

10. You decide to take her again and she says that her clubs are so old that they are dead and won't hit anything good.

11. You try to convince her that her clubs are fine but she will ask for a new driver.

12. Once she gets her new driver she will want golf spikes so she can get "traction" on the course.

13. Once she gets her shoes she will want to go golfing constantly and since paying for all of those rounds get expensive, she wants a membership.

14. Once she gets a membership, she will go as much as she can.

15. With her golfing so much, she decides she needs a good putter.

16. Once she gets a good putter she will want some new wedges.

17. Once she gets new wedges she will decide that she might as well get some new irons.

18. After she gets her new irons, her woods will no longer do and she gets new sets of those too.

19. After she has all of the get up, she will want to go with you, and you take her, but explain that golf is your way to get away and she understands that you need some alone time.

20. When she understands that sometimes you need your space, she calls up your buddies and takes them. Now you are without a golf partner.

Even though she drives you crazy and she took all of your golf buddies, you still love her and love that she found something that keeps her happy. Golf is a lifetime sport. It can be leisurely or competitive, and it is somewhat easy to pick up.

I highly recommend taking it up as a hobby because it has kept me sane, especially through finals week. And boys, don't be afraid to take your girlfriend golfing. You might find that it is another way to bond other than watching Netflix. And girls, let them go golfing with their buddies. Sometimes, they need their bro time.