If Heaven Had Visiting Hours

If Heaven Had Visiting Hours

I would possibly be the happiest girl in the world.

236
If Heaven Had Visiting Hours

I would give anything to have just one more day with my grandparents who have passed away. There are a lot of unanswered questions and things I want to know about them, and if heaven had visiting hours, I would be there everyday.

If heaven had visiting hours, I would visit my Papou.

I would tell him how much he means to me, and how much I love him.

I would bring him all of his favorite foods, and the food he never got to try.

I would show him the article I wrote on him, and every article I have written thus far.

I would thank him for the times he comes into my dreams, and the times I can feel him around me when I need a helping hand.

I would ask him to say his signature catchphrases, like "Sacramento, California!" and "Ah fanapoli!".

I would drive him around, to repay him for the years he drove me around, and to show him that I turned out to be a good driver.

I would bring him my computer so we can watch old black-and-white Greek shows and so he can finally skype his sisters in Greece.

I would remind him how loved he is.

I would ask him to give me the strength to get through my toughest days.

I would give him a big hug and never let go.

If heaven had visiting hours, I would visit my Grandpa.

I would tell him I love him.

I would apologize for not visiting as often as I should have, but remind him that the time spent with him are some of my favorite memories.

I would ask him questions about his childhood, and get to know him better.

I would bring him Coca-Cola and cigarettes, his two favorite things.

I would ask him to go bowling.

I would ask him to show me where he grew up.

I would thank him for giving me the brown paper bag filled with 100 $1 bills for my birthday.

I would take a selfie with him.

I would ask him the questions no one had the courage to ask, like why he made the choices he did.

I would remind him that, despite the choices he made, he has a family who continues to love and miss him dearly.

If heaven had visiting hours, I would visit my Grandma.

I would apologize for not calling her as often as I should have.

I would make pizzelles with her, because she made them the best.

I would thank her for writing to all of those celebrities, because now I have a huge collection of autographs.

I would thank her for starting the genealogy research, because it has answered a lot of my questions.

I would bring her all the sweets she loved and more.

I would thank her for administering tough love, because thanks to her, she molded each member of our family into the individuals we are today.

I would perform my dance solo for her, because I know she would have loved to see it.

I would tell her how loved and missed she is.

I would take her on that lunch date I promised her.

I would tell her how much she means to me.

If heaven had visiting hours, I would visit God and ask him why he took my Papou, Grandpa, and Grandma way too soon.