How to Look Beautiful Without Makeup

10 Tips on How to Look Beautiful Without Makeup

You don't need makeup to look or feel beautiful.

7

Makeup is great for self-expression and making people feel beautiful, but it shouldn't be necessary to wear makeup just to feel beautiful. With these 10 tips on how to look beautiful, you can look as radiant as ever without the added makeup.

Wash Your Face With the Right Cleanser

A lot of people wear makeup to cover up acne, blemishes, or oily skin. If you don't want to rely on makeup anymore, it's important you are using the best facial cleanser for your skin type. Using a cleanser that matches your skin can make a world of difference in the way your face looks. If you have oily skin, you need a cleanser that helps to pull out the oil and dirt that clogs your pores. If you have dry skin, you should use a light face wash that doesn't dry out your face and gives you the added nutrients you need. Feel free to experiment with some different facial cleansers before settling on one that makes your skin feel healthy, soft, and clear of acne or blemishes.

Exfoliate Often (But Not Too Often)

Exfoliating is especially important for people with oily skin because their pores tend to hold onto dirt, sweat, and oils that make your face look greasy and lead to breakouts. Exfoliating pulls out the toxins from your pores, leaving your face shiny and smooth as ever. You should only be exfoliating every 2-3 days, and even less so if you have dry skin. Exfoliating too often can damage and dry out your skin, so it's important to find the right balance.

Moisturize Every Day

Moisturizing is important no matter what skin type you have. It gives your skin the nutrients that were pulled away from washing and exfoliating, leaving your skin hydrated, soft, and smooth. Just like finding the right cleanser is important, you also need to find the best moisturizer for your skin. If you have dry skin, you'll want to use a heavier moisturizer that gives your skin the extra oils it needs to look healthy. If you have oily skin, you can use a lighter moisturizer, so you don't add too much hydration to your skin. I've found that tea tree oil moisturizers work great for oily skin because the tea tree oil helps to keep the oils in your skin balanced, leaving your skin feeling perfectly hydrated.

Brighten Your Smile

One of the first things people notice about you is your smile. No matter what makeup you may have been wearing, your smile shines brighter than all of it. By keeping your smile bright, you will radiate beauty every time you flash those pearly whites. Keep your teeth white by brushing them every day, flossing, and limiting how much you intake things that can be damaging to your teeth (sugar, coffee, etc). Read more here for some great tips on keeping up with your dental hygiene so you can have a radiant smile.

Shape and Strengthen Your Brows

Your eyebrows help to shape your entire face, so it's important to take care of them and keep them well-groomed. You don't need makeup to do this, however. You can use eyebrow gels and serums to shape your brows and make them look fuller. Carefully pluck and trim, or have them waxed or threaded, so they can be perfectly shaped and look fantastic.

Use Lip Scrubs and Moisturizer

Having full, bright, smooth lips is an important aspect of looking beautiful without wearing makeup. Using a lip scrub not only helps to smooth your lips by shedding the dead skin cells, but it also tastes amazing. After using a lip scrub, apply lip balm to leave your lips feeling hydrated, soft, and smooth throughout the day. Just as you shouldn't use a face scrub every day, you should also limit your lip scrubs to every 2-3 days to prevent them from drying out.

Eat a Healthy Diet

Eating healthy is as important to your outer beauty as it is to your inner health. If you eat unhealthy foods that lack nutritional benefits, you are depleting your body of the nutrients it needs. This can lead to duller looking skin and even cause breakouts. By eating healthy, your body will get all the vitamins and minerals it needs to look its best. You'll notice how much your skin glows when you change your diet to make it more nutritionally beneficial to you.

Take Daily Supplements as Needed

It can be difficult to get all of your needed nutrients from your daily diet, which is why taking supplements is also important. Especially if you are low on vitamins such as iron or magnesium, you should be taking these every day. Not only will your skin look better from providing your body with enough nutrients, but you will feel loads better. You will have more energy throughout the day and sleep better at night.

Drink Plenty of Water

Drinking water is so important to your overall health, including your exterior health. Dehydration is one of the worst things for your skin. No matter how much you take care of your skin with scrubs, cleansers, and moisturizers, it won't matter if you aren't staying hydrated throughout the day. You should be drinking 8 cups of water each day if you want to be properly hydrated.

Be Confident in Yourself

Confidence is probably the best thing you can do to look and feel more beautiful without makeup. Own your look, your outfit, your skin, your hair, and everything else about you. People are attracted to confidence. It literally makes people look more beautiful. If you feel you are lacking confidence, start giving yourself positive affirmations each morning by saying something you love about yourself. Confidence is a learned behavior, so the more you act confident, the more confident you will feel, which leads to feeling and looking as beautiful as ever.