How to Help the Children of Aleppo
Politics

How to Help the Children of Aleppo

Don't just talk about it (or repost videos on Facebook), be about it.

31
How to Help the Children of Aleppo
Alistair Reign News

Many are aware of the horrible atrocities going on in Aleppo on a daily basis. Most of us have seen the harrowing tales of adults and children alike being rescued from the remnants of a building that was diminished to rubble. Currently, evacuations have been halted, and the men, woman, and children left are trapped with little to no sustenance. Countless children have been made orphans and many will know a new life without their parents, siblings, or (in many cases) hope. I am well aware that finances are short this time of year, but please consider donating to causes that will help these children that have been through much more hardship than we could ever fathom.

The White Helmets

The White Helmets are Syrian civilian men and women from all walks of life that search for survivors among the wreckage of buildings even as bombs continue to fall. To date, they have saved over 73,000 lives. Along with searching for survivors among the wreckage, White Helmets are involved in other public service including reconnecting electrical cables, providing safety information to children and securing buildings.

Donate Here

Save The Children

Many of the children trapped in Aleppo are in need of medical care or attention. Could you imagine having an injured child and no means to help them? Save the Children helps deliver medical supplies as well as medical staff to help Syrian children. They also deliver food, water, and other necessities. Child protection and education programs are also being prepared in response to this travesty.

Donate Here

Hand in Hand for Syria

Hand in Hand for Syria deploys teams on the ground in Syria to deliver aid to the people under severe threat and who are trying to continue to survive in horrid conditions. They help those affected find a way to remain in Syria versus fleeing the country. Hand-in-hand provides food, water, sanitation products, and emergency medical care to those who are most in need.

Donate Here

The Syrian Orphans Organization

The Syrian Orphan Organization works around the clock providing orphans, women, and children with basic necessities vital to survival such as food, clean water, shelter, and medical attention. Through their orphan sponsorship program, they have support close to 2,000 orphans. However, through our various other initiatives such as their Zakat, Ramadan, Food Basket, and Winter Aid programs, they have reached several thousand more orphans and their families. A contribution of $2 a day for 12 months can lift an orphan's ENTIRE family out of poverty.

Sponsor an Orphan or Donate Here

These are just a few examples of the many organizations working night and day to provide for and protect the children of Syria and their families. Long after the dust settles in Aleppo and the turmoil ceases, the destruction will remain. The children of Aleppo will need continued long-term support.