Friendships Go Through Obstacles
popular

To My Best Friend, Tell Me How To Fix Our Friendship And I Will

It's been a while since we've talked, and I was wondering if I could do anything to change that.

1471
https://unsplash.com/photos/ysiOlHXJM38

Dear Best Friend,

The past few months have been so difficult for me since you are no longer around. As I learned to share my deepest secrets with you, as we grew up together and became each other's partner in crime, we were ultimately inseparable. Except life has torn us apart and we have been forced to learn to go on different paths. However, even though we have become distant in our present, I continue to believe that there is a way for our souls to reconnect. Hopeful of a day where we will conquer the world together through stick and stone because our friendship's strength cannot be broken, even if it seems like so right now.

Deep down, I am secure that we can regain our friendship to where we once had it because I know how much we mean to one another. After everything we have been through together, I am certain this is another obstacle for us to learn from. No matter how much time passes by, how many months we go without seeing each other, or speaking; I will always be here for you and I will always do anything for you. No matter where we end up or what we are doing in life, I will be on your side.

The truth is, I know I may sound like I am in denial about losing my best friend. I understand that there are people who come and go in your life and sometimes you may be better off without them, but I have always believed in our friendship; ever since our first hangout at The Cheesecake Factory, where we bonded over family stories, romantic pasts, our love for shopping, and our ambition to change the world. Our friendship grew stronger and stronger throughout the years, even through the subtle discussions and misunderstandings along the way, nothing broke us apart. As we battled against the barriers some people held against us, we surpassed them and we quickly learned we were each other's soul sisters.

We would talk about getting through college together and sitting through each other's graduations, being the first person we would tell when we got engaged. We talked about being each other's maid of honor and helping each other perfect our vows to our other half. We imagined the day we got pregnant and asked each other to be the godmother. We imagined our children becoming best friends too, practically siblings- the way we were to one another.

It's unfathomable to me to believe that we have become almost strangers as if we never meant anything to one another. But I hope you understand that I miss you, and I would do anything to fix our friendship and reconnect with my soul sister once again. I can't help but wish you wanted me back in your life too, and I will not stop praying for a day to reconnect with you again because true friendship is worth waiting out for.