12 Small Things You Can Do To Celebrate Our Planet On Earth Day

Climate change is ravaging our planet constantly, so take this day to celebrate Earth. There are little things that we should try to do every day, but if anything... Earth Day is the day. Keep your space clean and green, and maybe one day Congress will do the same.

1. Go outside for a couple hours, and leave your phone in your pocket!

Instagram

Sit and reflect on the beautiful world around you.

2. Take some time to pick up litter on your college campus!

Instagram

Grab a grocery bag and pick up whatever litter you see outside your dorm, or on your daily walks to classes.

3. Buy some eco-friendly daily essentials...

Instagram

Buy a canvas tote or a bamboo toothbrush. Get yourself a glass water bottle or some wool dryer balls. So many everyday items can be easily switched out for eco-friendly swaps!

4. Ride your bike to grab a coffee instead of driving.

Instagram

5. Take a shorter shower.

Unsplash

I am guilty of taking extremely long showers. Cutting your average shower by five or ten minutes can make a huge difference though!

6. Plant some flowers!

Instagram

Plant a mini garden! Or pot some plants to keep in your dorm and transfer them outside when you move to your forever home!

7. Make a meal using whole foods!

Instagram

Whole foods don't have packaging or they have a minimal amount that is usually perfect for recycling!

8. Turn your lights off!

Instagram

Whether this means going to bed earlier, or lighting a few candles, just turn off the lights!

9. Go meat-free for the day!

Instagram

There are so many delicious meat free options to choose from! One day without meat can help the planet more than you know. Skip the turkey, and reach for more sustainable food options!

10. Educate yourself on what you can and can't recycle...

Facebook

Did you know that pizza boxes CANNOT be recycled if there is grease on the box, no matter how small the stain? One greasy pizza box can ruin a whole bin full of recycled goods.

11. Choose paper over plastic.

12. Open your windows!

Instagram

Turn off the A/C and let the Earth cool/heat your home even if it's just for an hour. Your pets will appreciate it too!