How Rich I Would Be

How Rich I Would Be

I would be plenty rich without horses.

3
How Rich I Would Be
Erica McMurray

Without horses, I would be very rich with money. Without feed to buy and vet bills galore, I could buy every piece of clothing in the latest fashion magazines. I could afford to buy a Netflix account and go out dancing every night. I could travel the United States and maybe the world. My savings account would be fat and happy, and every pay check would stay safely tucked away. I could get my hair highlighted and my nails done. I’d drive a car that gets more than 12 miles to the gallon. I wouldn’t have a horse trailer and I wouldn’t need my expensive saddles and tack. I’d have more time, and wouldn’t ruin every pair of jeans I own. My shoes wouldn’t be mud caked and the inside of my truck wouldn’t look like a tack room. I would not have the bad knees or the broken bones. I would not wake up in the mornings and cringe as I roll out of bed. I would have so many material possessions.

But with horses, I am rich with so many other things.

I am rich in friends. I have found the best of people and the greatest of friends through horses.

I am rich in laughs. Every day I am granted laughs and giggles galore from the horses and the people who surround me because of them. I laugh when Pepsi looks like an ungraceful camel running through the pasture, or when one of them gets into something they shouldn’t be.

I am wealthy in memories. Most of my wonderful memories surround horses. They have influenced my entire world.

I have an endless supply of beautiful views. I step outside and see the wonderful sunsets and the flowing of manes.

I am prosperous in opportunity. I have been given most of what I have from my dealings with horses.

With horses, I have found my heart full and my wallet empty. But there is no trailer hitch on a hearse and money can get you a lot of things, but a full heart is not one of those things. Give me a million dollars and I would be poor in a year. Horses eat money as if it was hay, but the things that I receive back are more then what money can buy. So I will continue to empty my wallet, pouring every nickel, penny and dime I have into this, and I will continue to receive the most marvelous things in return.