Hold On, You Got This

Hold On, You Got This

Lyrics that provide emotional support through the tough times.

48
Hold On, You Got This

Music is a source of emotional support and comfort for a lot of people—myself included. Identifying with a certain band or genre can show who you are and what you are going through in your life. When it comes to metal, alternative, pop punk or metal-core music, people tend to think that there is no meaning in the lyrics due to the screaming or the crazy sounds of the band. Boy, are they wrong. These lyrics have the most powerful and meaningful messages out of all other types of music. Here are 10 lyrics in—particular that I think everybody needs to know of that have incredible meaning.

1. "When the night is cold, and you feel like no one knows, what it's like to be the only one buried in this hole, you can make it to the sunrise." - "Sunrise," Our Last Night

2. "My whole life they said I'd be nothing, well I'm something, and I would rather be the stray, than be nothing to no one at all." - "The Stays," Sleeping with Sirens

3. "The things we feel we can never change, can end up changing everything." - "Suicide; Stigma," The Color Morale

4. "Keep your hopes up high and your head down low." - "All I Want," A Day to Remember

5. "Is our generation too blind to see true beauty lies beneath the skin." - "Beneath the Skin," Memphis May Fire

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&so...

6. "And on my deathbed, all I'll see is you. The life may leave my lungs, but my heart will stay with you." - "Deathbeds," Bring me the Horizon

7. "But I believe there's more to life than all my problems maybe there's still hope for me to start again. Get my feet back on the ground, pull my head out of the clouds. I think it's time for me to figure me out." - "Figure Me Out," The Summer Set

8. "Save your heart, For someone that's worth dying for. Don't give it away, Torn apart. Never getting what you've been crying for. It's always the same." - "Save Your Heart," Mayday Parade

9. "And the salt in my wounds isn't burning anymore than it used to. It's not that I don't feel the pain, it's just I'm not afraid of hurting anymore." - "Last Hope," Paramore

10. "I feel my heart, like a rock, it's sinking. These days can get so dark, like an eclipse in the sky. But I can rise above I can find the light." - "Hope," We Came as Romans

11. "I know it's tough, but please don't give up. Don't speak that way, 'cause I won't allow you. You're too young to live this way. Just close your eyes and see, the true meaning. You're too young to live this way. Just look around and see, that life is beauty." - "The Great Hendowski," Of Mice and Men