Junior Year: Friend or Foe?

Junior Year: Friend or Foe?

Why is this even a thing?

15
Junior Year: Friend or Foe?
Photo by Eliott Reyna on Unsplash

Friend drama: we've all been there; we all hate it. Junior year of high school, this group of girls decided to make my life a living hell. (Let's call them the Poison Apples for confidentiality reasons.) There was no reason for them to be upset at me, but their ringleader (let's call her Janet) decided that they needed a little spice in their life. They would start rumors, throw stuff at my car occasionally, and even tried to get my friend's offer from a prestigious school rejected. The worst part about it though was that Janet was nice to all the teachers and administrative staff, so I couldn't even say anything.

It would be the first day of a new semester, and I would walk into class to find the entirety of the Poison Apple gang sitting together. I would always think, "My luck isn't so bad, at least one of them will leave so I can be at peace", but they would all end up being in at least one of my classes a semester.

I used to get bothered by everything they would do, so much that my entire mood would change with them just walking into the room. At the end of my junior year, I became very close with a group of friends that had all endured the same amount of torture from Janet and her little gang. We all bonded over this, and we're still friends to this day.

I guess if this story has a moral, it's that everything will be okay. More importantly, don't engage in anything that they say, even if it's slander about you on their spam page. Be the bigger person and brush it off your back, since that will grind their gears even more.

True friends will always be there for you and will support and back you no matter what. It's unfortunate that high school has people like Janet, but honestly, it'll only help you in the future with choosing friends.