How to Help your Family Member Quit Smoking?

Smoking is injurious to health.

43

Drug addiction is one thing which is extremely difficult to leave. And above all, if it is the case of cigarettes, then there are very few winners who have successfully left this bad habit.

But does this mean you won't even try, if you know you cannot leave this habit?

Besides going to the centres, one needs family and friends support as well when he decides to let go of smoking. And you can be an excellent support in that regard. Threatening, forcing, or emotional blackmailing, none of these tactics would work. A person has to take smoking seriously and try to get his family member let it go with love and support.

Here I am going to share few tips on how you can help them quit smoking.

Understanding

People often start forcing others to quit without knowing why they smoke at the first place. One, there can be major issues, such as depression, that is pushing them to smoke. Two, once a person gets a habit of smoking, he cannot let that go no matter how threatening it becomes.

You need to understand all of this and be a strong support to them when they decide to leave this. Offer them your unconditional love and understanding, and be a strong support to them during the initial phase of their quitting smoking. This is the time when they will be highly cranky.

So take them with love and try to help them out as much as possible.

Alternatives

One is addicted to nicotine in cigarettes. So while smoking is injurious, there are other less dangerous alternatives as well which provide same feeling but with reduced risks. That can be nicotine patches or e-cigarettes. You can also look out for a best cbd oil vape pen starter kit for heavy smokers. This can be easily available on Blaze4Days.com.

Try to reduce the intake of smoking and shift them on the better alternatives. Once you feel their habit is completely gone, you can then try reducen this.

Overall, it would take a lot of effort, love and patience from your side to get your family member to quit smoking. It is upon you now if you ever give up.