Heartbreaking Story of a Filipino Couple who Drowned on their Honeymoon

Yes, that actually happened!

54

This is the news from Manila, Philippines, from where the couple belonged. The incident took place on January 13, 2019. Erika and Leomer, the couple who went to Maldives for their romantic getaway and spend a beautiful honeymoon, unfortunately met with a drastic accident where they died a bad death.

Here are some more details about their stay in Maldives and who they were as individuals.

Honeymoon couple

Both the people were nurses by profession and were high school sweethearts. They got married on December 18, last year, and left for honeymoon on January 9th. For this romantic escapade, they stayed in an island of Maldives, named as Dhiffushi.

There are over thousand islands in the Maldives and Dhiffushi is one of the local islands and there are small guesthouses for tourists. It is uncertain in which guesthouse the drowned couple stayed.

The incident took place on Sunday, when they went out to snorkel and drowned. The resort workers rescued the two people from the waters and took them to the nearby hospital. But they were pronounced dead upon their arrival.

After having a talk with the family, Leomer's sister shared that both of them wanted to visit Maldives from a very long time. It had been their dream destination ever since they were young enough. Both of them were the bread earners of their respective families.