11 Reasons Why Having Two Roommates Rock

I was part of the 80 percent of freshmen who were tripled, and it was the best experience ever.

215

Everyone thinks having a triple is awful, but I love it. Having two roommates is amazing in so many ways. I have two amazing friends and always have someone to spend time with. I would highly recommend incoming freshmen to triple. Here are just a few reasons why having two other roommates isn't as bad as everyone thinks.

1. Forces you to be a neat person.

Think college dorms are small enough with two people? Try three. It’s like living in a shoebox but with beds, dressers and a desk. I am a very, very unorganized person. Living with two other girls in a 12x13 room has taught me one or two things about organization. There is no corner for me to throw my junk and I can’t leave all my clothes on the floor, unless I want my roommates to step on them.

2. Automatically have two friends.

Think about it - you are entering a college where you don't know anyone. You enter your dorm and boom! Two girls standing in front of you whom you are living with for the next nine months. You will become friends in no time, trust me.

3. There is always someone to bother.

Having two roommates means someone will probably always be in the room. I always have a friend to bother and hang out with after a long day of classes or simply when I am bored.

4. You will always have two people to confide in.

Sometimes you just need some direction on what to do. Having two roommates means you will always have two people to back you up and keep your secrets safe.

5. Double the clothes.

Getting a roommate means getting a new wardrobe. Getting two roommates means getting two wardrobes. Need I say more?

6. Their friends are now your friends.

Chances are your roommate will know some people coming into college. Their friends will stop by to say hi and eventually you will hang out with them just as much as your roommate. Having two roommates increases the chances of you meeting new friends through them.

7. Double the chance of knowing someone in your class.

When starting classes, you pray that by the smallest luck you will know someone in your class. If you’re lucky enough, your roommate might be in one of your classes. Having two roommates raises the chances!

8. More food.

Three girls. Three families. Three moms who send ridiculous amounts of gushers, popcorn, candy and other delicious snacks for us to devour.

9. Incentives.

Most colleges will give incentives for volunteering to triple. I saved $1,000, was given a free micro-fridge, 50 Boro bucks and free summer 2016 housing. Not bad, right?

10. Chances are higher of being let in if you’re locked out.

Such a typical freshman move, but it happens to everyone. Getting locked out sucks and can be a pain to get the master key. Having two roommates doubles the chances of someone being in the room to let you back in.

11. Two extra brains to help on homework

Two different roommates mean two different brains to help out on tough work. This is more helpful than you’d think, especially if you suck at math and your roommate is a majoring in accounting.

Sure, there are many downsides to stuffing three people in a tiny room, but I wouldn't trade it for the world!