Harry Potter Isn't Done Bewitching Our Generation

"It's leviOsa, not levioSA"

233

If you ask anyone to name a book series, eight out of ten people will say, Harry Potter. Have you ever wondered why that is? You know, apart from being quite literally one of the best selling series of all time.

As an "adult" of twenty-one years old, I am proud to say that I grew up in a time where the Harry Potter franchise wasn't complete, meaning I was present whenever the films were yet to release in theaters, as well as a few books written by J.K. Rowling.

I was there whenever there was a Harry Potter movie premiere. As a kid who loved the idea of magic, it truly was a surreal experience!

Not only did I love the entire ambiance of Harry Potter, but I resonated with the characters as well.

I looked up to Hermione for being wickedly intelligent, as well as Ron for being loyal, and Harry for being humble and kind despite having an awful childhood and cruel family members.

The Harry Potter series made me feel less alone most of the time since my parents worked a lot. I was always at my public library sitting down with a bag of Skittles and a big ol' Harry Potter book (This was before kids of the age of ten and under had technology; let me and my skittles be).

Each individual book brought me a different kind of happiness and opened up my mind to creativity, which is a big reason as to why I am a writer today.

I've seen and heard of from a lot of people, both older and younger than myself, on how the Harry Potter series impacted and changed their life for the better.

They tell me that Hogwarts is kind of like an escape they can go to whenever life just gets a bit too hard. The movie saga brings back an entire wave of nostalgia that honestly just can't be beaten by anything else.

The day that Deathly Hollows Pt. II came out in theaters, signaling not only the end of the Golden Trio's adventure but also tons of people's childhood as well— bittersweet sentiment could be felt all around as the end credits rolled on the screen.

However, as soon as JK Rowling introduced the Fantastic Beasts series (with five feature films on the way) people left and right rejoiced endlessly. Excitement could be seen all around the internet as everyone exclaimed that they were "going back home to Hogwarts."

I have no doubt in my mind that years and years from now, Harry Potter will still be one of the most beloved books of our time.