Dear Mom, I Miss Our Trips Together

Dear Mom, I Miss Our Trips Together

To a hardworking mom whose little girl is growing up too fast.

18
Dear Mom, I Miss Our Trips Together
Author's photo

Dear Mom,

It seems like just yesterday we were walking around the pond at Furman and riding bikes together. I remember you saying," I think it's time for another trip." Who am I kidding, you still say that! I remember you taking me to Fort Sumter or to Myrtle Beach, OR that crazy time we drove all the way to Virginia just to "see it."

I miss those adventures. I miss being that little; being able to run to you for help was such a safety. Now, I am older. I'm grown up, well kinda. I am almost in my twenties and it seems like the years are flying by faster than they used to. I'm in college and it seems like mommy- daughter trips are less and less, but that means that I value them so much more.

Mom.

I look at you with so much adoration, respect, and goals. I look to you for help, for advice, for a hug still when I am about to cry, and for someone to tell me good job. Yes, I still look to you for pride in me. It means the world to hear you say," good job honey, that's great." I am sorry if I get a little upset if you don't say those words. They just mean the world to me.

I know you think I do not listen or sweep it all under the rug, but the truth is that I am drinking in all the knowledge and wisdom you tell me. I want to hear it all because I know one day I won't be able to.

You are my best friend and I know I am grown, but I will always want to spend time with my beautiful mom.

I wanna say thank you.

Thank you for telling me the right guy is out there and encouraging me to wait on him. Thank you for the thousands of dollars you have spent on me. Thank you for all the birthday parties and gifts, for the cars, for not hating me even when I did dumb things, and for always believing me and pushing me to be my best.

You are the best mom ever. I love you and will always be your baby.