Why I'm Happy That You're Happy

Why I'm Happy That You're Happy

Because you deserve it.

3882
Why I'm Happy That You're Happy
XN

Hi! It’s me again. I feel like less than a month ago, you would have gotten a wave of excitement at the sight of my name on your phone screen. Now it would probably only bring indifference, annoyance, or maybe even a stab of sadness. I’m not really sure how you would feel. And that’s because I don’t even know who you are anymore.

And that’s okay. Because I know that you have met someone new. Heck, I have too, and we both know that. However, the difference between you and me is that I have decided to take things slow this time. You, on the other hand, choose to flaunt your happiness and make your new love interest public. But that’s okay! We are both two different people who choose to deal with things differently.

You seem happy. I see your Snap Chats of the two of you laughing and smiling and casually hanging out. And it seems genuine. Fortunately, I hope that it is genuine and you really are happy. I hope that for a lot of reasons. What we had may have ended, but that doesn’t mean I don’t still wish the best for you. One could even say that if I didn’t want the very best for you, I would have never loved you in the first place.

I hope that you are happy because you deserve it. Just because we didn’t work out doesn’t mean that you’re a bad person or I’m a bad person or that we’re bad in relationships. It just means we weren’t compatible. I’ve learned that no matter how much you can love someone, sometimes two people just aren’t meant to be. And maybe that’s something that shouldn’t be fought against, because maybe, just maybe, God has a bigger plan and has someone delicately crafted just for you. Some would even call it a “soul mate.”

So maybe this girl is the one for you, or maybe she’s not. Either way, I know that there is someone out there made just for you. However, in your current situation, I am happy that you are happy because I can see how happy you make her. She seems to be on Cloud Nine. And this is great, because it was something that our relationship lacked for a long time. You deserve to know that you are capable of making someone else happy, and she seems to be very deserving of your love.

Now I’m going to be honest, when I first heard about you and her, I immediately wanted to pick her apart and count her flaws one by one. Then I realized how bitter that made me. I am happy. I’m the happiest I have ever been. So how could I be so selfish as to wish the opposite for you? We had our run, and it was a good one filled with many lessons for the both of us. I believe that we are who we are because of it. But now it is time to utilize those lessons learned in our relationships to come. Although my heart is whole, you will always carry a piece of me wherever you may go, and I genuinely wish you the best in all of your future endeavors.