Why Hallmark Movies Make Us Feel Good Inside

Love is supposed to make us feel warm inside because it never fails.

85

The holidays are such a good excuse to sit back and relax, especially by putting on a Hallmark movie. It's actually become a tradition in my house because we enjoy watching the various plots.

Let me give you a rundown of what happens EVERY Hallmark movie. First, a woman and a man end up crossing paths somehow. In the beginning, they don't like each other as much as we would hope, but that is because they don't give each other a chance. Then our two characters end up getting trapped with one another and have to spend time with each other! Who thought that would happen?

The next step in these movies is when they fall in love. You can see that the characters are starting to become very fond of one another and most likely end up kissing. You can't help but root them on. Unfortunately, the second to final step is the worst. There ends up being a crisis or misunderstanding that happens. Sometimes it is so serious that you might even think there is no hope they will get together.

The final step is when they reconcile and realize that they do love each other. This is my favorite part because although we knew this was going to be the ending, it is nice to see that they go through obstacles too.

I used to not be a fan of these kinds of shows because it always made me sad during the holidays. Whether I had someone or not, you just wish they were there with you during the cold winter days. Seasonal depression can affect a lot of people and one way to feel better it to spend time with someone you care about and of course watch a Hallmark movie.

We all love these movies because they give us hope that during any walk of our life, we are bound to meet someone who will love us for who we are. This is encouraging because not everyone is going to meet someone in college, let alone right after college. There is hope that you will find someone no matter how old you are.

As the years have gone by, I have realized that I am a romantic. If you know me though, you might not agree because sometimes it makes me feel awkward. However, these types of movies are some of the reasons that I have started to believe in love again.

You can bet that I have already watched plenty of Hallmark movies this year. If you must know, they actually make movies all year long! Make sure you have more than a few hours to spare because you will end up watching more than just one movie.