6 Things You Should Keep Doing After This Isolation Period

I'm sure we've all picked up some new habits, some of which we should hang on to.

49
Photo by Andrea Piacquadio from Pexels

Being at home has shown me a lot of things - things I may not have realized I could do or wanted to do had we not been sent home from school and asked to self-isolate. A lot of things had to change very quickly, and I was getting overwhelmed just as fast as things were changing. I learned new ways to calm myself down and pull myself out of inevitable funks. So, here are six things I've picked up (or plan to) that I think we all need in our day-to-day routines.

1. Get in touch with your family more

I've had more contact with my extended family than ever before. My family lives pretty far away from us, so we cherish our time together. It's been really therapeutic talking to them as much as I have lately.

2. Take creative breaks

Giving myself a break to get creative has proven to me that I am a decent painter, and it gives me a nice way to cope with my anxiety and stress.

3. Get active

Lately, I've been trying to pick up tennis, and my sister has been trying to teach me how to play lacrosse. I'm not very good at either one yet, but I definitely want to keep working at it!

4. Make a schedule and stick to it

Creating a schedule for myself to make sure I get my work done, taking breaks, and keeping my priorities straight. I already had a pattern similar to this before the break, but for those who are new to a schedule, this can be very beneficial in your daily life!

5. Keep your space clean and organized

Having your room and/or house clean and organized helps you declutter your mind and maintain focus, which we all need.

6. Give yourself a mental break when you need them

Sometimes we get overwhelmed and stressed out. Just take 30 minutes and have some "you-time"- you'll feel much better and more focused after the fact.

I hope you've been able to use this time as a reflection period to not only help improve yourself but also the world around us.