Guidelines For A Healthier 2019 Mindset

Guidelines For A Healthier 2019 Mindset

Lessons I'm Still Learning Myself

84
Chris Freeman

As January is kicking into gear and I'm close to my last year of being a teenager, I've started to look more at myself and question what would help me be in a better frame of mind for the next 365 days and beyond. The answer was staring me in the face the whole time (literally); let's make 2019 the year of working on ourselves so that we can live our best lives, using these tips.

Don't let "judgey" people (or friends) dictate how you live your life.

You know what is best for you and what will make you the happiest. There is a fine line between a friend offering advice to help you and them giving an unsolicited, hurtful opinion. Besides, if someone is a true friend, they'll support you in whatever you choose to do, as long as it's healthy and not harmful to you or others. Anyone who doesn't act like your hypeman and constantly puts you down for your life choices isn't worthy of your time.

Stop caring about what others think of you.

Just like you should never let anyone's opinion control your actions, what others Other people don't live your life or deal with the same struggles that you do, so even if they believe they would act differently than you did in a certain situation, they often don't know the full story. Your actions are your business, not theirs.

Don't gossip.

It can hurt people you care about and come right back to you later on. Information can be fabricated or warped when you spread it to others, resulting in an unintentional mess where people are left feeling hurt. There are so many ways to bond with your friends and get closer to them without trash talking at someone else's expense. Spread good energy and get the same in return.

Acknowledge when you mess up, forgive yourself, and do better.

Don't overthink every mistake you've made. Everyone has hurt someone before, broken a promise, or not achieved a goal they originally had. One misstep does not define who you are as a person, but how you bounce back does. Turn a bad situation into a constructive one and learn from it, using any negative emotions you have as motivation to grow as a person and not repeat your mistake.

Negativity is not a good look for you.

A bad day does not mean a bad life, so don't make little inconveniences feel like huge roadblocks. In a world where it seems like so much sadness and chaos exists, it seems easier to ruminate about everything wrong in your life. Instead, pick your head up and look around at all of the love and positivity that surrounds you in the form of friends, family, hobbies, your hometown, or anything else that makes you happy to be alive.

Take care of yourself.

Take a mental break if you need it because you'll function better after you take a breather. Eat well, be neat, and take care of your body in any way that you can. There is no such thing as not having enough time to look after yourself, no matter if you're a busy college student or work a 9-5 job.