Good Idea To Dye Your Hair

6 Reasons Why It's Always A Good Idea To Dye Your Hair

Whether it's box dye or in a salon, you can't go wrong to saying yes to dying your hair.

264
https://unsplash.com/photos/99fz4h73OtU

Everyone has had that late night thought, "I wonder what I'd look like with X hair color." Everyone has also had that moment of "Should I really dye my hair?" Well, I have an answer for you: absolutely!!! I will always advocate for a transformation, especially in the hair color department and here's six reasons why.

1. Because You Can

First and foremost, dye your hair because you can. It's not permanent, even if you use permanent dye. You hair will grow back out. Even if it turns out awful, guess what? You can just do it again! Plus sometimes it's good to do stuff just because you can.

2. It Gives You A Confidence Boost

No matter if your a dyi kinda gal or you want to a salon, there is nothing like walking out of the house with a fresh dye job and your hair perfectly styled. It just adds a little oomph to your look and a little pep in your step.

3. The Best Time To Try Out That Neon Pink Hair Color Is Your College Years

Let's take a moment and be honest with ourselves here. When else is perfectly acceptable to dye your hair crazy colors? Do you think your boss is going to be thrilled when you walk into their office with bright purple/green/pink/orange hair? Probably not. Some of you may have done the bright hair thing in middle or high school, but let's be honest: it didn't really work on you back then.

I mean does anyone who had pink hair in middle school look back and think "that was a good look"? Nope. But now that you're older you have a little more experience on how to style that pink hair, it'll it be much more becoming.

4. To Jump Start Getting Over Whatever Phase Or Rut You've Been Stuck In

We all get stuck in those places in life. The ones where you just feel kind of bleh. Or when you know you've been in a phase (like that middle school goth phase) for too long. Dying your hair is a great way to start getting out of that mindset! Whether that's going for more a natural look or amping it up and adding some fun color, sometimes it's good to start with an easy (and non-permanent) physical change.

5. To Show That One Ex That You're Def Way Hotter Without Them

We all know that when a girl dyes her hair after a break she is through with them. She is fed up and moving on to greener pastures, better housing, sparkling water, you name it-she's improving it. Dying your hair that color that your ex always told you not to but you knew would look good on you is so satisfying. Not only do you get to prove them wrong, but you get to be even hotter than before.

6. To Reminder Yourself That Change Can Be Good

Sometimes when you're going through a lot of changes it can be overwhelming and make you hate change. I mean some people just hate change in general even if they're not going through any changes. But either way dying your hair a stunning color can make you remember that change can be a good thing.

So no matter if you're going to dye your hair yourself or have it done professionally, just take the dive. It's not permanent and can be a lot of fun! Just go for it!