13 Painful Goodbyes You Will Be Making As Summer Ends

Thanks for being so sweet summer sixteen!

31

We all are either unpacking and getting organized into our new rooms back at school, or running around our houses at home packing as much as you can into our soccer moms minivan to head to whatever college we are attending. We prepare for autumn by packing pants and sweaters and leaving our jean booty shorts and swimsuits left behind. As summer comes to an end we have a handful of goodbyes to make, so let's kiss away our beach days and trade them in for long days in the library or writing center. Let's party with our friends back home one last time, but rage with our school friends once we get back. So this one goes out to the summer of 2016 and the goodbyes none of us would like to make.

1. Goodbye Sunshine

We all will miss those hot days where we would do anything to sit inside for air-conditioning, and we can't forget the sun-kissed skin that makes us all look 10 times hotter. Will mis the summer sunsets over the lake!

2. Goodbye Flipflops

You know we will miss these when we are spending time putting on our winter boots.

3. Goodbye Boat and Beach Days

Nothing is more fun than a booze cruise, sail or a fun day at the beach with friends. Goodbye boats and beaches and hello Netflix and chill.

4. Goodbye Endless Netflix

With that being said, goodbye to long hours of having to do nothing. When we filled those hours with binge watching of our favorite episodes of our favorite series, that may all change when homework and loads of papers are thrown at us.

5. Goodbye Sunscreen

As the temperature drops cooler and cold weather approaches in the near future, we no longer need to drench our bodies in the sensational smells of tropical sunscreen. We won't miss getting sunscreen in our eyes tho and we lather it on our faces. So goodbye sunscreen and hello lotion. Lets keep our bodies from turing into reptiles this winter with a good smelling shea butter lotion instead.

6.Goodbye Swimsuits

Well not totally! We still have those beach themed parties at welcome week or throughout the year, but goodbye to our less clothed summers and prancing around the beaches looking like Pamela Anderson. Def won't miss those tan lines though!!

7. Goodbye S'mores

We all love a good summer treat. Goodbye to summer bonfires with the friends we love the most and our delicious summer pleasure.

8. Goodbye Summer Job

Yes waking up and spending your days working isn't most ideal, but at least we have money for our school expenses. This may be a happier goodbye!

9. Goodbye Summer Hair

Without that sunshine, our hair will fade for winter. Time for those who love that look to spend some of that summer job money on hilights and dye! Goodbye to our boat windblown knotted hair and beach hair curls.

10. Goodbye Rainy Days

I don't know about any of you, but a good summer rain is so relaxing!

11. Goodbye friends

See ya later, friends! We say our goodbyes as summer comes to an end, or contact our friends back home if we have already made our way to school. We cannot wait until our fall break, Thanksgiving weekend and Christmas when we are reunited again!

12. Goodbye Summer Nights

Time to clean those bonfire smelling hoodies and say goodbye to late night skinny dips as the water now gets too cold. Cheers to those nights that turned into mornings and the fun times!

13. Goodbye Summer

Maybe next time slow down a little bit, but until next time...goodbye summer! Thanks for the memories and all of the endless days of fun.