Goodbye To The Place Leading Me To My Future

My Goodbye To The Place Leading Me To My Future

As I look at back at these past three years I think of all the things I could have done differently, and then I give it more thought and realize that I wouldn't change one single thing.

89
Casey Whoolery-Pratt

Three full years I spent at the university I called home. Nights became mornings, friends became family and a student who became alumni. It's hard to think about leaving this place behind, but in reality, my university will always be pushing me to my future.

So, as I wipe my tears of happiness, fear, love, and excitement from my eyes, I am officially saying goodbye to the place that has given me hope for a bright future, has taught me patience and determination through the roughest of times, and that has brought me closer than I ever thought to the most amazing people.

College isn't only about the education. It's about learning to be on your own for one of the first times ever. It's about learning that fear drives our success and the first step into college is the most fearful thing of them all. It's about learning how to cook for yourself despite how many times your mom tried teaching you in the past. It's about balance and how to do it correctly. You go to college not just for the education but for all of these things wrapped up into one.

As I look at back at these past three years I think of all the things I could have done differently, and then I give it more thought and realize that I wouldn't change one single thing. It was the most imperfect experience that allowed me to be the person I am now. So, thank you to my university for teaching me to Strive for Honor, function in my career and in life, and for the relationships you guided me to.

This is goodbye, but one that will always way heavy but happy on my heart. I will wear my ring with pride and with hopes of meeting fellow alumni to come together and share our stories. You have prepared me for the future to come and to take on with passion, dedication, love, fear, and with an open mind. Here are to the nights that became mornings, friends who became family, and to me. The student who became alumni.