Golf Is The Best

Every Person Should Know How To Golf No Matter If They Are 8 Years Old Or 80 Years Old

Arnold Palmer would've wanted you to play.

22
Liam Lindy

Golf is my favorite hobby in life. I am the first to admit that I am not the most skilled at it, but life is not always about how good or bad you are at something. What I do have, though, is a passion for the game. I began playing at age 4 and have been out there on the course ever since.

I first got involved with golf because of my dad. When I was younger, he spent almost 100 hours a week building his businesses and building a life for his family; however, every Sunday during the season, from 8 a.m. to noon, was father-son time. I looked forward to it every week.

Golf is a great activity to play to get to know someone. Think about it: the course lasts two to four hours and is uninterrupted by cell phone usage, golf courses usually have good food, and golf is a fun sport. The best part about it is that its not a four-hour conversation but a lot of small talk or one big conversation. It's the best.

I tell you all this to make a charge for you: take up the game of golf. It is good for the mind. It will help you de-stress and is a great way to make friends.

Golf is also a lifelong game: you can play golf when you are four, and you can play golf when you are eighty. Another thing I love about golf is that it is an objective game, meaning you can always make measurable improvements. Until your score is at zero, you can make improvements. As well, with handicap scoring, you can always play with friends who are of different abilities and it is fair and enjoyable for all.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk on why golf is so great.