Then And Now: Going In Different Directions

One Direction sang some incredible songs, and they've done a lot since the "break."

282
https://www.flickr.com/photos/musicnewsaustralia/6927478460
Flickr

Credited as being one of the biggest boy bands in the world and owing their success to Simon Cowell and the British X Factor, One Direction made a huge impact on the world. And I don't just mean young girls and subsequently their families and friends, but really everyone they came in contact with. As a huge Directioner (yeah, I know) I was amazed by how quickly they grew in popularity across the world and all that they did, whether it was actually becoming such a worldwide phenomenon or their work with Comic Relief amongst several other charities.

While their appeal came from the fact that they were (originally) five attractive boys with accents, they also had quite a few hit songs. This includes not only the songs that were overplayed on all of the radio stations but also the bonus songs and little known jams as well. Since Zayn left in 2015 and the "indefinite hiatus" beginning in 2016, the boys have all gone their separate ways and embarked on different journeys. Some have tried acting, others have started families, but all five have stuck with their music and released songs on their own. Below, I've gone through all of the albums and singles from when they were together as well as now that they are apart and chosen some of my favorite songs!

Liam Payne

Singles

Strip That Down (with Quavo)

Bedroom Floor

For You (with Rita Ora)

Louis Tomlinson

Singles

Just Hold On (with Steve Aoki)

Back to You (with Bebe Rexha)

Miss You

Two of Us

Zayn Malik

Mind of Mine (2016)

Pillowtalk

Like I Would

Icarus Falls (2018)

Good Years

Dusk Till Dawn (with Sia)

Others

I Don't Wanna Live Forever (with Taylor Swift)