God Vs. Science

God Vs. Science

Do I have to pick a side?

61
God Vs. Science
Quotes Gram

As a Veterinary Science major, I have taken many science-related classes in addition to hands-on classes with the animals. Some of these classes include microbiology, animal anatomy and physiology, parasitology and pathology, clinical physiology, the list goes on.

In many of these classes we are taught in-depth material about animals bodies, how they work, all of the chemical make up, and we get an understanding of medicine and how treatment works on the body, and so forth.

Many people could argue that you can’t be fully invested in a major or a career that is so involved in science, and still be a Christian. I would like to challenge that.

Society has created this division between science and religion. They believe these topics are at the two opposite ends of the spectrum. I believe they go hand in hand.

In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth” Genesis 1:1

God created the earth! And He created everything on the earth according to the Bible. Therefore, everything here on our planet, and in our solar system and the whole universe is God’s. Each and every animal was hand crafted by Him, and when I’m in class learning about all the itty bitty details of the nervous system, seeing how particularly the body is fashioned together, and how very small parts make such huge impacts, my faith isn’t shaken by the vastness of these concepts, but I am left to just sit back in my chair and be in awe of our Creator, and his artwork. Learning in depth details about the scientific side to my major is my own little worship time. It is truly incredible to see God’s work.

You may be sitting at your computer now saying “So what. this means nothing to me.” I want to tell you that God’s glory is all around us. Though we cannot physically see Him, his creation is pointing straight to Him. The well known famous author C.S. Lewis has this beautifully worded quote,

A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word 'darkness' on the walls of his cell.”

What the author is saying here is that God’s glory demands to be here with us. No matter how much you try and block it out of your life, God is on his throne ruling over ALL, all of the time! His creation is the proof, and the truth is, he longs to have relationship with us, each and every one individually and intimately. Science is in no way a barrier for His will, but it is a stepping stone for it. Science is God’s way of showing us His glory and power and in it I find comfort in knowing he holds this world and he holds me together.

In a sermon by Louie Giglio, he explained tiny, beautiful, miraculous discoveries in science, and how God’s work in and of itself is just breath taking and incredible. But at the end of the sermon, he revealed the most amazing bit of science I have ever came across. A microbiologist told Giglio about the protein molecule laminin. It is the molecule in all of our bodies that has the job of holding tissue together. It is what forms our organs and holds our skin in place, and is like the foundation of our bodies. He then showed a picture of the molecular structure of this particular protein, and it is in the perfect shape of the cross that our savior Jesus Christ died on for our sins. What a beautiful sign that He holds each and every one of us together, all the time, for all of our lives. And it’s even biblical!

“He is before all things and in Him all things hold together” Colossians 1:17

God uses science as a window to see just how awesome He is, and just how much he loves us. It is an incredible testimony of His perfect love for all of us, He is just waiting for you to take off the blinds, and see His power and glory in all that he has made for us here in this small life.