Girls Love Beyoncé

Girls Love Beyoncé

Beyoncé is more than just an artist, she is an inspiration to women all over the world.

49
Girls Love Beyoncé

Everyone knows who Beyoncé Knowles is (even Google autocorrects her name when you don’t put the accent over the “e"). She is an American singer and songwriter, but she's so much more than that. She has sold close to 15.8 million albums and around 46.2 million digital copies of her songs. Beyoncé is married to American rapper Jay-Z — can you say power couple? They actually are the No. 1 highest-paid couple in the United States. (Well, Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris are actually in front of them now, but Taylor Swift isn’t the best at keeping a man, so we will see how long it is till she’s writing a new song and on to the next one.) Jay-Z and Beyoncé have been together since she was 19 years old; I'm 19, and I can’t even get a single regular boy to like me and at that point she was dating one of the world's greatest rappers.

There are many reasons why girls love Beyoncé and why she is so powerful in our world and these are just a few.

Who Run the World?

She is a leader in the feminism movement and is an inspiration to so many women around the world today. She is one of the few celebrity women who really has come out and talked about it. She believes in equality for women and men, and it is very important to her. In her video titled “Yours and Mine” she says, “I always considered myself a feminist, although I was always afraid of that word because people put so much on it, when honestly it’s very simple. It’s just a person that believes in equality for men and women. Men and women balance each other out, and we have to get to a point where we are comfortable with appreciating each other.”

Get Me Bodied

Many celebrity women you see today have super skinny bodies, and so many young girls strive for them when in reality they aren’t achievable without unhealthy eating habits. Beyoncé wants that to end and believes everyone should love their self and their body. Even though Beyoncé doesn’t have the skinniest body, she has a healthy beautiful one that inspires many. She has curves and has a realistic image, and she has done it in a realistic way. On the topic of body image she said, “"I watched my friend's body deteriorate, and to see someone pass on so gracefully put everything into perspective. We do not value ourselves enough, especially young people don't really appreciate how brilliant our bodies are. I've always been very, very specific and very choosy — very choosy — about what I do with my body, and who I want to share that with." In her music video “Pretty Hurts” she sings about body image and what it is like to try to be perfect, but as she says pretty hurts.

#BEYGOOD

Some people may not know but Beyoncé is a huge philanthropist and considers herself a humanist. If you go onto her webpage she has several philanthropies that she has created or works with for people to learn more about and get involved, this page is under a section labeled #BEYGOOD. That is something you don’t see on many artist's sites. She has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to the charities and foundations she is involved with. The first charity she created was with fellow Destiny’s Child member Kelly Rowland, and it is called the Survivor Foundation. It was created to help help families who lost everything during hurricane Katrina. There are a total of 31 charities and foundations that Beyoncé supports by volunteering or donating and over 23 causes.

I have been lucky enough to see her live and see how powerful her show is. It isn’t just about the music but about inspiring women. She inspires me, and I hope she inspires you as well. From a leader in the feminism movement, inspiring women to better themselves, and giving graciously to others I hope all of you can say, "All Hail Queen Bey!"