To The Girl Who Needs To Stop Caring What Everyone Thinks

Admit it ladies, we're all guilty.

10
pixabay

I've finally come to grips with something that has held me back for so many years: I have been way too caught up with what people thought of me. Walking through the hallways in high school, walking through the aisles at work, and even walking across my college campus. I was constantly thinking, does my outfit flow, am I wearing enough makeup, is my hair too frizzy, do my clothes make me look fat? And you know what I have finally decided? Who cares?

As women, we spend way too much time and effort to make ourselves look presentable just so that someone will potentially like us. Why do we do this to ourselves? We're so concerned that, just based on our appearance, someone may or may not find us attractive. Well, guess what ladies, who cares? If someone is more worried about your appearance and how well you do your makeup as opposed to how much fun you are or your awesome personality, then shame on them. Your outfit, hair, makeup, and that number on the scale do not define you. YOU define you.

I understand, you may have grown up with influences that tried way too hard to impress everyone. Something or someone that made you feel like "the real you" wasn't good enough. This could've been family, friends, the media, peers at your school. Perhaps somewhere in your adolescence, someone made you feel like you needed to try harder. Someone made you feel that the opinion of others mattered so much that you changed your own personal style. And, along the way of changing your own unique style, you didn't really feel like "you" anymore.

Your uncertainty may not even come from your appearance, though. While we all have our little insecurities; it may be where you live, what car you drive, what kind of job you hold, or the amount of friends you have that you're so worried about. Well, you know what? Like I've said before, all of those things do not define you. You could live in the best or worst part of town, drive the nicest car or one that needs a little TLC, hold a great job or one where you can't wait to put your two weeks in, have a huge amount of friends or just a close few. But, believe it or not, none of that matters. You can have any combination of those things, and still be confident enough in yourself to let your great personality shine through.

Don't be so concerned with how much makeup society says you should wear. Don't hang your head because someone made you feel like you need to invest in a newer vehicle. Don't max your credit card because you think having more clothing in your closet will make someone like you. Ladies, just don't.

We live in a society where enough is never enough. But you know what? You are enough. You are beautiful, you are strong, you are amazing. Don't define your worth in materialistic items. Be confident in the awesome woman you are. Because if you don't believe in yourself, who will? So refuse to accept what everyone says you're "supposed to look like" and rock that messy bun, rock that no makeup with glasses on look, because you're beautiful exactly the way you are.