9 Things For Any College Student Getting Through Finals Week With Anxiety

Ever had really bad anxiety everyday and finals week comes and it gets ten times worse?

30
Stocksnap.io

Surviving your first finals week is so stressful as a college student - especially as a freshman. People get anxiety due to finals week but what about the people who are trying to survive finals week through their anxiety that have it every day?

To people who struggle with anxiety on a daily basis, here are 9 ways on how to get through finals week.

1. Figure out when all of your finals are and write them down in your planner.

For every single day every week so you don’t forget to study.

2. Make sure you give yourself time to do notecards

And study them.

3. Don’t wait until the week of your exam to make notecards and try and study.

Lesson learned.

4. Your mental health is most important.

Don’t ever put anything over it. If you’re tired, sleep and finish in the morning when you’re refreshed - you’ll be a lot more successful trying to study when you’re not up at 2 AM thinking, “All I want to do is sleep.”

5. Ask for help

It’s okay to ask for help studying. If you’re doing review and don’t understand something, just ask! I know it’s hard sometimes but you’ll do better if you ask.

6. Put the effort into studying.

It makes a difference if you tried to study in comparison to if you didn’t and are just going to “wing it.” College grades are worth a lot.

7. Do good because you want to and for yourself

Don’t do it for other people, strive to do good for yourself so you can be proud of YOU.

8. If you feel your anxiety is getting worse take a break to regain focus and calm down.

9. DO NOT underestimate yourself.

Everyone has their own way of coping with things. People who struggle with anxiety daily constantly think they are wrong and what they are doing isn’t good enough or isn’t what they're supposed to be doing.

To the people out there who struggle with anxiety everyday trying to get through finals week, you can do it, just focus and be determined. You’re not different from everyone else, you just have different struggles than other people.