6 Ways To Get Over Someone You See Every Day
relationships

It's not easy, I know.

1386
Couple on dock

Breakups are hard, with the feeling of heartbreak and brokenness. It is only with the never-ending supply of tissues, ice cream, and best friend hugs that we can sometimes get through it. But imagine dealing with a breakup when the person that you have ended a relationship with is in your same classes or living in the same building as you. The chance of running into this person after a messy breakup quickly becomes a very real possibility.

Getting over your former significant other when you just never stop running into them can be very difficult. You might see them bringing someone else into their room or maybe they'll see you. These awkward moments can lead to a hard time getting over someone and learning how to stop going crazy thinking about them. Here are six foolproof tips for getting over someone that you'll inevitably run into.

1. Stay busy 

In college specifically, it isn't hard to find things to do all of the time. Focus on your homework, go somewhere new, enjoy time with friends. The less time you sit there sitting by yourself, the easier it will be.

2. Please, don't go out of your way to talk to them 

I know you want to talk to them, but there is no reason to. If someone isn't going to give you their time, it really isn't work it to put your valuable time and energy into talking to them.

3. Spend time with people that actually care about you 

Your friends love you, a lot. Take some time to do fun things with just your friends and it will allow the whole process to become easier.

4. Focus on yourself 

Self-care. Self-care. Self-care. I can't stress enough how important it is to love yourself. Use your extra time to love who you are and better yourself.

5. Keep it short. Keep it simple 

If you must talk to this person, stick to the point. Only talk about what you must and do not drag the conversation on longer than it needs to be.

6. Take time to meet new people 

Use this time to meet new people in the place that you are running into this person at. There are so many great people out there and this is a perfect time to get to know them.