Getting Fit Again: Gaining Back My Quarantine Fitness Motivation

This is a lot more difficult than I imagined.

17
https://fitathletic.com/fitness-classes-better-gym-exercise-class-weight/

During quarantine, I had a really rough time trying to lose weight. I was 136 pounds and I was about 5'2". I tried doing so many different workouts and even resorted to working out 3 times a day and not eating some of my meals. After not having seen any results, I decided to search the web for reasons I wasn't getting the outcome I had wished. After some research, I found that I needed to partake in a caloric deficit. Now what this does is it helps you burn more calories and fat than you consume. You workout for however long, you burn calories and then you eat a lower calorie intake than you normally would be, based on your weight, height, and age. For a while, I was counting my calories, but I wasn't doing many workouts. This is when I decided I really needed to put in the work.

I had been hearing about Chloe Ting all over the internet, so I decided it was time to give her a go. Now when I tell you I suffered the first day, I really did. I was dry heaving and couldn't breathe. I was really having a rough time because I had never done any kind of workout like that in my life. Even though I had been dancing for 16 years, I still had never felt the way I did after that workout. Although it really pushed me hard and to my limits, I decided that I needed to keep doing this, not only for my physical health but for my mental health as well.

Chloe Ting

After I had continued to do the workouts, I was set and I was on my way to the body I have envisioned for myself. After the 2-week program was up, I was down to 124 pounds and I was feeling great. Initially, I had not seen the change from the result photos I had been taking, but the real shock was my photo difference with a year gap.

I had gone to the beach with my friends for a girls' day in 2019. I knew I didn't like my body then, but I never realized just how big I actually was. It was quite concerning as I look back. Now fast forward to the 2020 beach trip, I had been specifically working out for this day and I knew I wanted to look great. We had taken a picture, just as we had the year before, and I hadn't looked at it yet. I remember going through photos from the prior year one night and decided I would ask my friend for the photo from our more recent trip. What she sent me, instantly brought tears to my eyes. I had really done it, I had brought myself to the body I had hoped for, and I did it in the most healthy way possible that I could do.

Left 2019, Right 2020

Now after that long introduction to my health fitness story, I am now going to explain where I am today.

I am not as confident as I had been that summer day when I had seen those photos. It has been a few months since I had worked out and I am not doing so well with what I have seen because of the break. My family and I are taking a trip in December and I really need to bring myself back to how I was before, it was the happiest I had ever been with my body, and I think it is time to start those workouts again.

I have been doing them for two days now, and it is so much harder than the last time I had done this. Before, I had the luxury of doing this at home in private and having a large space to do it. Now I am trapped within my dorm room space and I have a roommate that I have to work out in front of. You may be thinking "why don't you go to the gym?". Well, I have tried once, and let me tell you I used to use my entire living room to do Chloe Ting workouts, there is no way that they are going to restrict me to a tiny rectangle, it just is not possible for me.

Now that I have decided to start this again, I have really tried to restrict my snacking habits, because God knows they have gotten out of control since I've been here. But I know that the end result will really make me happy once again, all I have to do is gain back that self-discipline I had a few months ago, and I will be ready for the beach of Hawaii in no time.