5 Things Guaranteed To Get You To Summertime In One Piece

It's the final stretch.

176

We all struggle to get through that long period between spring break and the end of the semester. This is the long haul - getting through all the material, cramming in exams, finishing projects, and taking those cursed finals. Finding the motivation to stay focused is nothing less than difficult. I find myself trying to find the energy to keep up with my studies and not procrastinate until the last second. Here is a list of things to help you make it to the end of the semester:

1. Pace yourself

I'm sure it's like this for a lot of colleges, but at mine, we don't get any more days off for the rest of the semester. A little over six weeks left of break-less school. Keeping that in mind, it's important to pace yourself - meaning you should not exhaust all your motivation into the first couple weeks back from spring break. Instead, you should strategically use that motivation to last you until the end of the semester, because that is when it will be needed the most.

2. Don't procrastinate

This is a tip to use all semester long, but this is extremely important when energy levels and morale is low. As we reach that final stretch of the semester, big projects due dates and exams are getting closer. Do yourself the favor, and don't wait until the last minute to prepare for them. That will only leave you stressed and probably crying in the library. Nobody wants to see that. Write down all important deadlines and start working (a little bit at a time) at what you need to do, and before you know it you'll be done and won't have to stress over it anymore.

3. You're over halfway there

This is a big thing to keep reminding yourself. The semester is over halfway done. You've made it this far, don't stop now. Keep hustling and grinding until you turn in that final exam at the end of the semester.

4. Weekends are your friends

Weekends are good for two things - having fun and being productive. You need to have both in order to survive the rest of the semester. Use the free time you have on the weekends to your advantage. Be productive/proactive and get a head start on your studies during the day. At night - go out and be social. Have fun with your friends and don't worry about school for a few hours. It's a game of balance.

5. It's almost summer

The rest of the semester is not going to be a walk in the park. It's going to be hard and stressful and you may contemplate dropping out once or twice. Don't do it! You are so close. Summer is almost here, and once it is, you'll be free. No classes, no homework, no tests, no worries!