8 Ways to Stay Off Your Phone For Good

8 Ways to Stay Off Your Phone For Good

This life goes by quick, don't miss out.

297
8 Ways to Stay Off Your Phone For Good
The App Factor

Whether you're going through a breakup and keep wanting to text your ex or you're just trying to live a little more in the moment, your phone is probably the thing that you need to get away from.

Here are eight things you can do to your phone that will keep you out of the digital world and keep you in reality.

1. Turn off all your vibrations for your text messages.

Holding your phone or even keeping your phone near you so you feel the phone vibrate will only keep you checking to see if you missed a message. Turn the vibrations off and you will trick your brain not to look at it.

2. Keep your phone face down when you put it down, not face up.

Placing your phone face down will keep you from watching the screen to see if it light ups.

3. Disable notifications for messages.

Better yet, just turn off the notifications for messages altogether, except for parents, of course.4. Or, keep your message notifications out of your history for iPhone users as well as keeping the vibrations off.

4. Or, keep your message notifications out of your history as well as keeping the vibrations off.

5. Make your lock screen background a solid color or a pattern rather than a picture of you and another person.

Don't have someone you think of when you look at your phone. It may trigger you to open a social media app.

6. Change an ex's contact name to "Unknown Number."

If you know you changed all your ex's number to "unknown number," you'll know there's no point in opening it.

7. Make a folder of for all of your social media apps and title it "Do Not Open."

8. Honestly, just let the battery die and keep off your phone for a few hours.

Do something you used to do before you got a phone. Think about what you do when you are away from your phone for the longest amount of time.

Before you miss something important in the world around you, get off your phone for a while and appreciate how beautiful this life really can be when you give it a chance.