Get Comfortable With Not Knowing Everything
Lifestyles

There's a certain peace that comes with the unknown.

432
https://unsplash.com/photos/-Q_t4SCN8c4

Many people are planners. Others say they like to go with the flow. But everyone feels much better when they just know. Whether that's knowing your upcoming weekend plans or what you got on that really hard stats test. Regardless, our mind is set at ease when we have answers. Sadly, I'm here to give you a newsflash and let you know that sometimes you won't get the answers you want or need. That's why it's important to get comfortable with not knowing everything.

When people don't know, they tend to overthink. This leads to anxiety and moments where you psyche yourself out. Learn to practice thinking about the positive outcomes instead of the negative ones. This is obviously easier said than done, but it makes a world of difference. When you find yourself craving answers and coming up with all the unknown scenarios, take a moment to breathe and think positively.

Closure is another thing people think they need to be OK. Yes, it sometimes makes things easier, but there's going to be plenty of times that you don't get it. Walking around with your open wounds will make you a much stronger person. Not getting closure isn't a preference for most, but it is definitely a learning moment for all.

Then comes the unknown of the future. Trust me, I think it would be so cool to know what my life looks like 15 years from now, or even just what it'll be like next year. But, until someone scientifically proves that crystal balls work, we are stuck with what we know of today. So, once again, get comfortable without knowing. Live in the moment, and cherish the fact that amazing things could soon come.

The point of the matter is that you shouldn't spend all of your time looking for the answers. Planning is good. Sometimes it's key. But working yourself and stressing yourself out when trying to just know everything isn't worth it. Get comfortable with the unknown. Get comfortable with spontaneity. Most importantly, get comfortable with life. Tomorrow isn't promised.