Generation Millennials

Generation Millennials

Lazy, inconsiderate and selfish millennials are taking over the world.

16
Generation Millennials
Howardmerrell.com

We are a generation of self-awareness. We realize with deeper feeling who we, as individuals, are and who others around us are. We have been raised to be considerate of others, but at the same time we can be ruthless in our way to the top. We know how much potential we have and we know what we can do if we push ourselves or if we are handed the opportunity to do so. We also see what we can do if we stick together and have a common thought.

We realize the rights that we do not have and the rights we should have, just as the many generations before us did. But this time the rights that we demand aren't life and death, but are acceptance and a type of mental equality not seen yet. We want to push the boundaries of common thought, so that we may feel comfortable in ourselves and not be restricted by gender roles or physical attributes. Our generation is over the politics of it all. We see people instead of rules and laws. We want politicians that speak to make us feel and that are different in every way. We need politicians who see the growth in social awareness that we have created and do not want to restrict that, but who want to make us feel heard and who actually want to make an active difference. We demand to be accepted as who we are, not as what we are supposed to be.

They say we are useless, that we are consumed in ourselves and in our technology. What they don't see is that we are not just consumed with ourselves, but we are consumed with fighting for ourselves. Our battle is not overseas. We see the battle that is here and that has been here for years, but we are bringing it to the surface. A civil war of sorts over who we are allowed to be versus who we think we are and I think that we will be whoever we want to be. We will fight for what we need and want, and we will fight to be who we are, whatever the costs. We will use our technology to spread what we believe in with ease. The internet and social media has made us so aware of the limits that have been put on us to who we are supposed to be. We want to be our own people, and the internet is allowing us to see and find who we are faster than ever. We can now find others who feel just like us, who want the same things and see everything the same way and it has created a sense of unity for us. Unity that pulls us together for a common cause. When we see an issue we take to the web, we tell others, who tell more and more people, creating a beautiful chain reaction that can spread world-wide. We are one giant interconnected being, whether we share the same opinion on something or not. Now, what other generations can say they have done that?