To My Fur Baby That Left Too Soon

To My Fur Baby That Left Too Soon

Chipper you were more than a cat, you were my fur baby.

60
To My Fur Baby That Left Too Soon
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10209916873657359&set=picfp.1199694126&type=3&theater

Hey Chipper, mommy, and daddy miss you like crazy. I cannot believe it has been four years since you passed away. It hurts me so much that I didn't get a second opinion about your pain because I think Banfield Animal Hospital flat out told me over the phone, the day after you passed away, "I don't know if he had cancer, I just said that." The damage at that point was already done. You had no chance to survive anymore because of their negligence. If I had any idea they just said something because of how you were acting; I would have made sure to have taken you away from them. Money hungry company in my opinion. I never have and won't ever again step foot in their facility again.

But, know this sweet boy, I wanted to write this not because of the neglect you were given from the vet we took you to, but rather it is a way for me to say thank you. Thank you for being there for those two years. You had such a fantastic personality and could always cheer me up. Many nights when I struggled working opposite shifts from Daddy, you would run around and still find a way to make me laugh.

No photo description available.

When we first got you, I thought you were a girl, until one day we got the surprise that you were a boy. You were named Skye, but after we found out the news you were not a girl, we felt like your name needed to be changed. Daddy through around the name Rocky or Chipper, I think out of being a joke, but I loved the name Chipper. I know it was because of Chipper Jones, but I didn't care. I would have rather you be named after him than The Rock.

When we got Sophie, you must have sensed it because when we got home, you peed and pooped on the couch. It took you a few days to get close to her, but once you did, y'all were inseparable.

No photo description available.

I loved how you would always sit up like a human, and your paw would cover your private. It would always make me laugh.

No photo description available.

So thank you Chipper. I wish you could still be with us. It was unfair you had to die at the age of two, but there isn't a day you aren't missed. I am thankful you are no longer in any pain, but I wish you were still here so we could play with you.