12 Pick-Up Lines That, 50 Percent Of The Time, Work Every Time

My friends and I thought about the best and worst pick up lines that we've encountered throughout our lives, and this is what we came up with.

1215

I've vaguely organized this list beginning with the pick up lines that were popular when I was younger and ending with the ones I hear on a weekly basis. All of these have been said in person, as opposed to on Tinder or some other virtual dating website.

1. Do you like me? Check "Yes" or "No".

This one is typically done when passing notes in elementary school.

2. My friend thinks you're cute.

The expiration date for using this line comes on the last day of eighth grade. It's still cute though, so use it while you can!

3. You should hold my hand...

This one was actually said to me in early high school, but I still think it's adorable. And yes, I did hold his hand.

4. I made you a mixtape.

I guess now it would be more like putting together a playlist, but it's still sweet and super thoughtful!

5. What are you?

This one is referring to my ethnicity. It's not always used as a pick up line, sometimes it's a genuine question, but nine times out of ten if a guy asks "what am I," they're interested in me.

6. My love language is physical touch. Wanna have a conversation?

I personally thought line was a nice combination of witty prose with just a pinch of "eww" thrown into the mix.

Pick up line courtesy of Suz W.

7. Are you Kendrick Lamar's last album? Cause DAMN!

Who can resist a little Kendrick?

Pick up line courtesy of Greg R.

8. You’re like my trash, I need to take you out soon.

Icky for so many reasons!

Pick up line courtesy of Alex W.

9. Are you French? Are you Greek? Because girl, you a freak.

No. I'm neither thanks for asking.

10. Damn girl you’re so sexy and I know what sexy is cus I work at a strip club.

This one was said to one of my friends while she was at work and needless to say, she gave it a MAJOR eye roll.

Pick up line courtesy of Kimberly R.

11. Do you wanna get coffee sometime?

Okay so I actually tried to use this one on a guy, but he said no, so I called my best friend and cried lol

12. How much does a polar bear weigh? Enough to break the ice.

This is my personal favorite. It's never been used on me but if someone did I doubt I'd be able to say no.