Fun Facts About Tufts' Class Of 2020

Fun Facts About Tufts' Class Of 2020

Congratulations class of 2020, we're about to make our mark.

205
Fun Facts About Tufts' Class Of 2020

We’re college freshman: we do total “freshman moves” that will be remembered with embarrassment in the future, stock up on college gear, spend too much on textbooks, sign up for email updates for basically every club, and actively seek out dogs because we miss the one(s) we left at home. At Tufts, the class of 2020 is already beginning to leave its mark, and we’ll forever be proud of these few unique facts.

1. We have a class celebrity that'll make waves

It all began on the Tufts 2020 Facebook. His likes and ancillary responses to frantic posts granted him some well-deserved fame. During orientation week, we would actively seek him out or keep our eyes open. Rumor has it; he’s actually a pretty down-to-earth guy if you get the chance to meet him. I think we’re all shocked that the fame monster didn’t make his ego grow to an inhuman level.

2. There's a mysterious trapeze artist

Shout out to the amazing matriculation speech given by the man himself, President Monaco, in which he mentioned a trapeze artist who was indistinguishable from the crowd of anxious freshmen. We haven’t forgotten about you, and we support you in all your trapeze endeavors.

3. There are a unsettling amount of people from Connecticut

This isn’t entirely surprising considering that we’re in New England, but it gets a little old. Seriously, why are there SO many people from Connecticut?

4. We had a historically low acceptance rate

In Boston terms, we’re “wicked smaht.” With just an acceptance rate of just 14%, we’ve definitely proved ourselves worthy of the brown and blue. Also, I’m going to throw in some recognition towards my mega enthusiastic Early Decision Bos, because there seems to be a lot of those.

5. Our calves are burning

We live on a hill and we’re reminded every day by the plethora of stairs and literal uphill battles we must face to get to classes or eat meals. Whoever planned the layout of this school wanted us to remind us that we should’ve picked up the pace and ventured beyond the world of Netflix this summer. Some may have adapted quickly, others are catching their breath on a curb as we speak.

If it’s not already obvious, Tufts’ class of 2020 is the best class yet. We have 4 years to make friends, evolve past our freshman habits, and debate about Carm vs. Dewick. We’ve got potential and drive, and we have the opportunity to make ourselves known. All that’s left to say now is go Bo’s!