Dear Underclassmen, Being A Senior Can Be Frustrating

It’s rough.

31
Maria Jay

Dear juniors (And even sophomores and freshmen),

It’s rough. Senior year is just one obstacle after another, and when you trip over one obstacle, you get up to trip on the next one. Between every adult asking what your life plans are (even if you know what school you are attending, you don’t have your entire life planned out), and the stress of college applications and choosing a school. Ordering your cap and gown, maintaining a part time job while attempting to keep your grades looking decent. Getting rejected from your dream college. Don’t even mention the drama between friends and any clubs you are in. I also had a teacher this year who gave me a pass to retake a test, and didn’t know my name and wrote Julia and this was 3/4th into the school year…. he also gave an essay grade of an 87 to a girl who didn’t read the prompt, the book, or annotate her essay, and I got an 88….. and I read the book. So beyond the ridiculous teachers, awful drama, and college stresses, I am grateful to have reflected on my previous eleven years of schooling, realizing that I deserve friends who love me, not toxic ones who degrade me. I have realized that I need to live in and cherish every moment, especially with my parents because once college begins, my life will never be the same again, for the better.

Good luck in your endeavors but begin to prepare for the rest of your life quickly!

Sincerely,

An extremely stressed out senior