Frozen in Time

Frozen in Time

Sometimes feeling "stuck" isn't a bad thing.

39
Frozen in Time
HD Wallpaper Seek

Recently I have felt as if I was in a slump. Every time I get on any sort of social media or have a get together with my friends, I realize just how "stuck" I have been lately. It seems as if every one I know is doing something great, getting married or in a serious relationship, starting a new adventure, or creating and doing something they love. In all honesty, the most exciting new thing in my life lately is the fact that I decided to re-watch Downton Abbey for the third time. I am not doing anything new or exciting next year, I am still the same old Abi doing the same old things. It has been difficult for me these past few months.

This was something I of course did not plan on telling my friends. I was also reluctant to talk to the Lord about it. While I know that God knew I was struggling, I didn't want to admit to myself or Him that I was feeling this way. I've taken great pains lately to trust in Him and His plans, so for me to say "Hey, Jesus! I'm tired of sitting around now. Please give me some new exciting thing!" was kind of going against that. So I've kept these feelings bottled up for quite a while now. It was not until I had finally had enough that I prayed about it. However, waiting to tell the Lord taught me a valuable lesson.

One thing I learned is that even though I feel like I am frozen in time, being in new, exciting situations still wouldn't give me any satisfaction, because that comes from God. God also showed me that He has placed me here, doing these low key things. He has a plan for me through this, even though I am not aware of that yet. It may be to prepare for big changes up ahead, or to help me recover from the past year, which was incredibly difficult. God's wisdom is infinite, and there's not a place I'll go He hasn't already stood. He knows the incredible things He has in store for me, and if He wants me to hang tight for a while and prepare my heart for that, then I will choose to serve Him through the things that sometimes seem small and mundane to me. This life I live is for Him, so I will choose to serve and glorify Him through whatever season of life I am in.