From Addiction to Attention-Grabber: How Digital Marketing CEO Manuel Suarez Changed His Life

Digital Marketing CEO Manuel Suarez

22

While in recovery from drug addiction, Attention Grabbing Media founder and CEO Manuel Suarez decided that it was time for him to pursue the wealth and security that he needed to build a life for himself and his family.

"I made the choice while in recovery to start actively pursuing something that would enable me to build a life for myself that I loved," he said. "So I relocated to Florida from Puerto Rico and began to make a life for myself"

But in 2007, the United States economy was collapsing, and Suarez faced yet another challenge. The income he was making from his job was cut in half, his wife was pregnant with their first child, and he was unable to pay their mortgage. As a result, he had no choice but to file for bankruptcy.

He decided he needed to find ways to ensure his family's financial survival. He stopped wasting time at night watching shows or playing video games, and instead became obsessed with the world of marketing.

"I wanted to learn the tools and skills that would allow me to ensure a good financial future for me and my family," he said. "My goal was to ensure I was never at the mercy of a company that could slash my paycheck again."

He then founded Attention Grabbing Media, a full-service digital marketing agency with over 90 employees and a newly-opened 6,000 square-foot office building. His company provides services to clients around the world, including Dr. Eric Berg and Daymond John, CEO of FUBU.

"One of the first things I prioritized was hiring a diverse team of people who brought their own unique skill sets to the table," he said. "Digital marketing is such a vast and complicated industry that I could never be able to learn all the ins and outs. Working with other people who bring their own knowledge and creativity into their work is the best business decision I ever made, and I always encourage other business owners to do the same."