13 .GIFs From 'Friends' That Tell The Story Of Your Summer Perfectly

How can a show that hasn't released a new episode since 2004 illustrate how my summer is going so accurately?

60

From watching it with my mom as a toddler to listening to it now while I finish up a homework assignment, I've watched Friends more times than I can count. I identify with each of the characters so much and I was shocked when I realized how similar I am to these people I grew up watching for years. It's almost as if they've been watching me, too, because these .GIFs from the television series basically sum up my summer.

1. The One Where Summer Is Finally Here

After what seemed like an eternity, it's finally over. You turned in your final papers, you took your final exam, and your dorm is all packed up. It's finally time to go home and relax all summer long. You couldn't be happier.

2. The One Where You Have To Say Goodbye To All The Friends You Made

However, leaving UT for the summer is bittersweet. The thought of leaving my friends nearly broke my heart and I cried every single day for weeks in advance. Though I haven't seen any of them this summer, I'm counting down the days until we are finally reunited back on ol' Rocky Top.

3. The One Where You Realize It's Too Hot Outside

It's great being out of school and doing all the fun things you usually do during the summertime. BUT AT WHAT COST?! If it's going to be this hot, I don't even want to go outside. Let's just skip summer altogether.

4. The One Where You Realize You Have To Take Summer Classes

OK, so maybe you don't have to take summer classes. Perhaps you're like me and you wanted to get ahead. I mean, it can't be too bad, right? It's just one class.

5. The One Where You Have To Get Up At Seven A.M.

Instead of taking my summer class at UT, I opted to take my class at the local community college so I could be closer to home. However, it didn't really occur to me that a smaller college would mean less available class times. Unfortunately, the only time my class was available was at nine a.m., Monday through Thursday. Nine in the morning doesn't sound too bad, but you've got to factor into that the 30-minute drive to class. Also, there's the time it takes to wake up and get ready and for the absolutely crucial stop for coffee at Dunkin' Donuts to get me through the day.

6. The One Where You Are Too Embarrassed To Leave Your House

Unfortunately, I'm not really in touch with anyone I went to high school with. After a huge falling out senior year, we all went our separate ways resulting in me having no one to spend my summer with. I'm afraid to go places alone so I mostly just stay at home when I'm not in class.

7. The One Where You Aren't Bikini Body Ready

I keep seeing cute pictures of people poolside or beachside with their friends sporting the cutest swimwear. Yeah... I can't relate. While all bodies are beautiful and all bodies are bikini bodies, I'd be lying if I said that I was pleased with my appearance. Therefore I always go on these health kicks and buy a bunch of "healthy food" as I promise myself to get into shape.

8. The One Where You Accept Your Body As It Is

Thirty minutes later, I see some delectable mozzarella sticks and it's all over. My health kick comes to a sudden end and I decide that I'm "happy" with my appearance.

9. The One Where You Try To Switch Up Your Look And It Doesn't Work Out

That is until I decide to spice up my look by doing something wild with my appearance. This year, it included dying my hair purple, getting a tattoo, and purchasing more makeup than I can afford. However, I'm very lucky that it ended up going so well this summer.

10. The One Where You Try To Study At Home

During the regular school year, I was spoiled with the luxury of a quiet library to study in 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Unfortunately, studying at home is much harder than studying in a library. It seems like every single little sound is amplified and you can't even hear yourself think. Where is my peace and quiet?!

11. The One Where You Beat Yourself Up For Taking A Summer Class

After the study struggle begins, you begin questioning why you took this stupid summer class in the first place. You could've had a fun summer filled with swimming and bonfires, but you HAD to take that class in an effort to try and get ahead.

12. The One Where You Just Have To Relax For A Minute

Another problem I've had this summer is rewarding myself for very little. For example, I actually went to class today, maybe I deserve that $50 makeup palette. Made my bed? I deserve a three-hour long bubble bath.

13. The One Where Summer Is Over And You Can Finally Go Back To UTK

Don't get me wrong, I love being able to be back with my family in my hometown this summer. On the other hand though, I can't begin to describe how excited I am to move back into the dorms, see all my friends, paint the rock, go to the library, sit by the fountains at three in the morning, and make hundreds of more "Big Orange" memories at my favorite place in the world.

Summer can be so much fun, especially when you can binge watch Friends on Netflix. However, I'd rather be binge watching it in Vol Hall with my fellow Vols.