A Thank You Letter To My Freshman Year Roommates

We've really been through it all

79
Abby Amundson

Since freshman year has officially come to an end, it seems almost fair to say a quick thanks to the 3 girls who I started and ended the year with and who have been there for literally it all.

Coming into college from out of state with little knowledge of what to expect or what's to come, having someone from a similar background as me was probably the most important and best decision I made into college. We had a whole summer to prep each other for what was to come from living with each other and get over the awkward phase real fast.

It was nice to have one official friend going into the first day and one that I will be friends with forever. Together we combated the harshness of being homesick, late study nights, boy problems, and plenty of other questionable decisions.

Seriously, you've seen me at my highs and lows, yet didn't judge me (even if it was me crying about my cat) It was nothing short of a roomie match made in heaven as we both provided support and respect towards one another.

You seriously compliment me so well, we truly worked together like no other. I have never met someone who is as caring, hardworking, organized and capable as you and I can't wait to see all that you accomplish in the future. But most of all, thanks for dealing with me. A task that is no easy feat.

I can't wait to hang out this summer and continue our shenanigans. Talk about an iconic roomie duo. Seriously, I think everyone in the states of Minnesota and Kansas knew we were roommates. Oh well.

I think I know a little too much about you. From stress drives to bowling class, to the endless amounts of times I asked you to drive me to chipotle, you rarely said no. You're always about being kind to others and adventure; I don't think I can name a single thing you wouldn't do.

I will miss our random deep talks, your weird jokes, and maybe even bowling. I admire your confidence and ability to show kindness to anyone you encounter. You're a literal hoot and light up every room you walk in, which I will miss next year, but I won't miss the constant stream of country music that's always going on in the room.

Although we butt heads sometimes due to our conflicting senses of humor, we truly did make this room come together. With the people and with you creating the futon. You're kind-hearted, smart, and fun to be around. You bounce back from every situation and do so with a smile on your face.

You're passionate about the weirdest things- teen punk music, hockey boys and hotdogs- yet are unapologetic for it. Always down to go with the flow and make things easier for everyone involved. I love comparing childhoods and how we can always laugh at the stupidest things and jokes.

I will miss stealing clothes from your closet and go to you for advice in any situation. Sorry for spoiling "The Walking Dead" for you.

There's nothing more comforting than constantly being surrounded by people that learn to know more about you than you do. It's a curse, but mostly a blessing. The memories we made on the futon playing quiplash, nights out, dining hall feasts, and random roadtrips are those that I will always remember and cherish. Luckily, we've got plenty of stupid pictures and videos to make sure they go down in history as well.