Freshman Year As Told By 'Workaholics'

Freshman Year As Told By 'Workaholics'

Let's get weird.

22
Freshman Year As Told By 'Workaholics'

Freshman year is a ride. A long, bumpy, stressful, crazy, unpredictable but refreshing ride. You don't really know what's going to happen. It's like a "wing it" kind of thing. You just go with the flow and hope it takes you in the right direction. There is no doubt you will come in contact with these kinds of occurrences. As a freshman myself, and on behalf of every freshman in the country, I have had the pleasure of experiencing every single one of these events.

1. Welcome to your first week! The first week is your first taste of actual freedom.

2. But now you realize you have to do laundry, cleaning, keep up with your schoolwork and start feeding yourself. Doing adult things and having major responsibilities never felt so weird.

3. When going to your first party, you are really not sure what is going to happen. But being your "new" self, you're kind of up for anything.

4. You're going to meet some weird and interesting people at these college parties, especially the ones who lurk around the dance floor looking for their pray.

5. Even though you're having so much fun partying and socializing, you have to remember what you came here for — school.

6. Since your parents aren't really around to pester you about saving and spending money, you start to go crazy.

7. But by the end of the first semester, you find yourself constantly asking your parents for money.

8. Let the job hunt begin!

9. The first week of classes go unexpectedly well and you're feeling confident.

10. As the weeks go by, you realize that your grades become less of a priority. When you look at your midterm grades and you start freaking out.

11. A jolt of hope rolls through your body and you're ready to work.

12. That hope you once had, left. You start going to your professors' office hours and ask about extra credit hoping they will have mercy and maybe feel the least bit bad.

13. After going studying for hours and hours, you start to doubt yourself a little.

14. When finals start, all you have to do now is take them and hope you didn't mess anything up.

15. After a weird first semester, you're ready to take on the second.

16. The second semester is all about studying and getting the grades you want. You are determined to succeed!

17. But with the next semester, comes nicer weather. You know what that means? Day parties!

18. As your freshman year is coming to a close, you realize all that stress was actually worth it. But then you have that feeling that you should get your money back because in the end you really didn't learn anything.

19. Your freshman year was a success, and now you're more than ready to take on a bigger challenge — sophomore year!