Frateo And Sororiet

Frateo And Sororiet

11
Frateo And Sororiet

While this title is a take-off on the world-renowned characters, Romeo and Juliet,  in no way does this piece compare to their disgustingly, beautiful romantic and notorious love affair. 

You see, Romeo and Juliet are fictitious characters who endured enormously passionate adoration for each other in a time when rebelling against their parents was seen as absurd and becoming suicidal in the name of love seemed normal. Of course, only the brilliant brain of William Shakespeare would have created such a story. 

On the other hand, Frateo and Soroiet are the typical college fratstar dating the typical college sorority babe in their typical Greek life community. So typical, it seems 8 out of ten times, if you asked Mr. Alpha Beta Gamma who he was dating, he would probably say Ms. Kappa Phi Delta. And vice versa. In such a tight knit community, it’s hard not to date the girls from the sorority house next door. You constantly bump into each other at socials, Sparty on together at tailgates, see each other at philanthropy events, embarrass yourself at Greek Week dance practices, etc. You might as well car pool and spark that fiery candle of love while you’re at it. 

As I am dating my very own Frateo, I will share with you the secrets of how he landed such a cool chick. ......All right, girls, I will also share how I landed such a stud. Let's start with the boys. first.                                  

For all the hopelessly romantic Frateos out there, here are five steps for catching the eye of a sorority girl and, hopefully, snagging a date with her!      

1. Don’t be the typical jerk face frat douche. Be nice to her and treat her like the lady she is.      

2. Don’t keep her locked away in your frat castle; show her off to the world.  As cool as she may seem, no girl wants to spend all day, everday, in a smelly, boy infested place with all your bros.     

3. Take her out on fun, spontaneous dates. You may not be the real Romeo and Juliet, but you can at least pretend like the two of you are.    

4. When you’re with her, don’t text other girls. Show interest and pay attention to her needs. She’s not just one of the brothers you can brush off until later, and she will definitely appreciate a guy who cares about her over a guy that acts like she’s just another notch on his bedpost.     

5. Be cool. Don’t try too hard, but don’t act too cool for school, either. A girl likes a guy she can have fun with, be comfortable with and feel like she can be herself. Calm, cool and collected is the way to go.     

Alright, ladies, your turn. Here are the five steps to land that fratstar.   

1. Give him space. Don’t be that annoying, whiny girl who gets frustrated when he chooses his brothers over you after you have spent 24/7 with your man.    

2. Bring your sisters over when you come to party. His brothers will appreciate it, and he will appreciate it because his bros will stop nagging him about being wifed up and everyone will think you’re the bomb.      

3. Jealousy doesn't look good on anyone. He will talk to other girls at socials. Chill out and be the cool chick he brags to his friends about.     

4. Don’t base your social life on his. Don’t become one of those girls who only hangs out with her boyfriend. Enjoy college, have fun with your sisters and see your main squeeze when it's convenient. 

5. Don’t be naïve and don’t force something that’s not meant to be. If it’s just a casual hookup, don’t be shocked when he’s all over another girl at the social. Find the good, nice frat guy and pursue the relationship with him. Remember, it is college and guys can be pigs. Don’t let that bring you down! You will find your Romeo soon enough.      

Good luck to all my hopeless romantics out there. I hope you find your own Frateos and Soroiets. Don’t forget to have fun while you're at it!