football shaping life

Thank You, Football, For Playing Such An Important Role In My Life

Football is more than just a game for me.

67
Taylor Lauri

I have been watching and attending football games for as long as can remember. Most people just watch a football game because it's fun and exciting to watch, but for me, it's an experience. I have grown up watching football since I was born. In my family, football is about more than winning, it's about coming together as a family and being able to bond over something that is so special to all of us. I rarely miss a football game and I always find a way to watch whether it's on my ESPN app (yes I do this), on television or attending a game.

Some of my most memorable experiences have been at football games or watching them at home. Almost every year, my friends and I host a Super Bowl party at my house and not only is the game fun to watch, but I am also able to bond with my friends over something I love so dearly. My best friend and I both have a strong love for the game and I believe that has played a large part in our friendship. We are able to talk about something we both love and are able to share that passion for the game together.

Every Monday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday, my family has a football game on, playing in the background. The sound of a football game is so soothing to me and has become so natural. When it came to choosing a school, I had to make sure I was going to have ready access to football. This played an important role when choosing the University of Wisconsin-Madison because I am now able to attend exciting games with my friends. Being that I am from New York, people have always questioned why I'm a Packers fan and I think it's because the fans all share the same love for one thing and one thing only, the game of football.

Although it may sound foolish, football has become such an important part in my life and I have always loved the sport for as long as I can remember. I get way too excited for any football game I go to and find a new love for it every time I watch the game that I love.